Amos and Fiona's unofficial scale-baby thread

Lil Louie is 7 months old today. He is a beautiful young man and weighs 100 grams now. Had a scare last month when he came down with coccidian and an intestional infection but 2 trips to the vet and 2 meds and he is doing well now. I am lucky that he likes to hiss at me when I put my hand in his cage because I had the syringe ready....when he hissed he got his meds.:D The fun began after being cleared by the vet...Sanitizing all of his cages. Everything is good to go now.

DSCN1112.JPG DSCN1114.JPG DSCN1115.JPG DSCN1116.JPG

Lil Louie is 7 months old today. He is a beautiful young man and weighs 100 grams now. Had a scare last month when he came down with coccidian and an intestional infection but 2 trips to the vet and 2 meds and he is doing well now. I am lucky that he likes to hiss at me when I put my hand in his cage because I had the syringe ready....when he hissed he got his meds.:D The fun began after being cleared by the vet...Sanitizing all of his cages. Everything is good to go now.

View attachment 210287 View attachment 210288 View attachment 210289 View attachment 210290

Happy 7 month hatch day Mr. Handsome! I’m glad to hear you are back to good health once again.

Arlo Update:
Wow, he is getting big!
108 grams! And a noticeable change in his size since a few weeks ago.
I had to start closing the door to his cage because I kept finding him over by the window, away from his lamps and water. He seems pretty grumpy about it but I’ve tried to make up for it by moving his cage closer to the window and by taking him outside more often. I also turned his misters into rain domes. He used to run from the misters when they kicked in and now he seems to be more laid back.
Health-wise, he’s doing well other than trying to make sure he didnt get dehydrated on the days he made his way over to the curtain rod.
Finally got him to eat super worms again and he still won’t eat any fruits or veggies I offer him, but I’ll keep trying.
Glad to see his brothers and sisters growing up so big and beautiful too!

Attachments

• 8C8047F9-EBF4-4851-90D5-6FB71200DA2F.jpeg
    8C8047F9-EBF4-4851-90D5-6FB71200DA2F.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 4BA13383-8FD2-4556-9A57-97107FB5CB16.jpeg
    4BA13383-8FD2-4556-9A57-97107FB5CB16.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 194
Arlo Update:
Wow, he is getting big!
I had to start closing the door to his cage because I kept finding him over by the window, away from his lamps and water. He seems pretty grumpy about it but I’ve tried to make up for it by moving his cage closer to the window and by taking him outside more often. I also turned his misters into rain domes. He used to run from the misters when they kicked in and now he seems to be more laid back.
Health-wise, he’s doing well other than trying to make sure he didnt get dehydrated on the days he made his way over to the curtain rod.
Finally got him to eat super worms again and he still won’t eat any fruits or veggies I offer him, but I’ll keep trying.

My goodness, he does look like Lil Squirt!!! Lil Squirt loves hornworms, silkworms & medium super worms....sometimes he doesn't eat for a few days, but I've read that is normal for them.

Lil Squirt has become some a beautiful little guy.

Attachments

• 7.23.10.jpg
    7.23.10.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Lil Squirt loves this pickle.jpg
    Lil Squirt loves this pickle.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 258
  • LIL Squirt concentrating.jpg
    LIL Squirt concentrating.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Lil Squirt 7.24.jpg
    Lil Squirt 7.24.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 7.25.1.jpg
    7.25.1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 7.24.4.jpg
    7.24.4.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Lil Squirt sleeping.jpg
    Lil Squirt sleeping.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Lil squirt so cute.jpg
    Lil squirt so cute.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Lil Squirt so cute1.jpg
    Lil Squirt so cute1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 186
Not yet. She just being her old self but I'm ready for her when she does
Well I wasn't totally sure whether deandra was gonna lay anytime soon. She's eating and drinking but her demeanor was a little off. But luckily for me I have a Male so I held him up to the cage and she colored all up. So she will be laying soon.

Attachments

• 20180729_160543.jpg
    20180729_160543.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 179
I’m ready for Lola too. She’s still little but got the beautiful receptive colors.
Well I wasn't totally sure whether deandra was gonna lay anytime soon. She's eating and drinking but her demeanor was a little off. But luckily for me I have a Male so I held him up to the cage and she colored all up. So she will be laying soon

Attachments

• 20180729_160543.jpg
    20180729_160543.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 188
Arlo Update:
Wow, he is getting big!

Thank you for the update Heidi! Arlo is one Big and handsome boy! Love him. ❤️

Lil Squirt looks like his daddy when he's mad. I hate to see him stressed like this & hopefully I've fixed the problem with the window & his reflection. I know that stress is not good for them at all.

Attachments

• Pretty Squirt.2.jpg
    Pretty Squirt.2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Pretty Squirt.3.jpg
    Pretty Squirt.3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Pretty Squirt.4.jpg
    Pretty Squirt.4.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Pretty Squirt.5.jpg
    Pretty Squirt.5.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Pretty Squirt.jpg
    Pretty Squirt.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 174
Emma weighs in at 71g today!! That's a huge increase from a couple of weeks ago. I am hoping that means she will soon be ready to lay her first clutch. She just finished her shed, too. She's been showing a lot of oranges and tans, but her eyes are always green. Looks like she has goofy little goggles on most of the time. She has become very accustomed to the new home and our routine, and even anticipates breakfast time. And boy, this girl will eat like a pig if I let her! She gets about 6 large adult crickets or supers every other day. Sometimes every day, if I think she needs it. She is so precious and sweet. I can't get over her wonderful temperament! I'm trying to get pics, but she's not cooperating at the moment. Veileds, I tell ya! LOL! I will post pictures of her as soon as she lets me!

Emma weighs in at 71g today!! That's a huge increase from a couple of weeks ago. I am hoping that means she will soon be ready to lay her first clutch. She just finished her shed, too. She's been showing a lot of oranges and tans, but her eyes are always green. Looks like she has goofy little goggles on most of the time. She has become very accustomed to the new home and our routine, and even anticipates breakfast time. And boy, this girl will eat like a pig if I let her! She gets about 6 large adult crickets or supers every other day. Sometimes every day, if I think she needs it. She is so precious and sweet. I can't get over her wonderful temperament! I'm trying to get pics, but she's not cooperating at the moment. Veileds, I tell ya! LOL! I will post pictures of her as soon as she lets me!

I’d cut out the supers because they are very fattening. I only give my girls a small super maybe once a month. I would not feed more often than every 2 to 3 days. I would do all in my power to try to prevent egg laying. These girls can easily become egg bound and need surgery. Just incase do you have a good reptile surgent within driving distance? Did you get the pet insurance? These little girls worry me so much. I have still been able to keep Lola’s weight at 70 grams.

Back
Top Bottom