Amos and Fiona's unofficial scale-baby thread

I’m posting an update on Arlo, who will also be celebrating 5 months hatch day tomorrow.
He’s fierce if you mess with him in his cage but very mellow once he’s out. LOVES silkworms. HATES my dog, who hasn’t even noticed him yet. Still not so sure about my 4 year old daughter but he will tolerate her for a few minutes here and there.
I weighed him today, he was 47 grams.
I took him outside to bask in the sun and it was even too hot for him so we went back in. We’ve been out almost everyday for at least a few minutes.
He is lovely and we adore him.

Happy 5 months Arlo, you handsome boy!

im looking into switching up the setup in his cage
I think his tree is taking up too much space
@jannb Do you think i would be able to do a version of the hanging open enclosure you showed me but inside the cage?
I am definitely going to do something similar in another room for free time, but i still need to have a cage due to my current other pets.

You could trim the tree. We usually have to shape the trees up. The chameleon condos are pretty heavy. I’m not sure how you could hang something that heavy in a cage. For Turk’s big boy cage you might want to get the dragon ledgers. I don’t know much about them except order it early because it take awhile to get them. Scott @Scottsquatch got them for his cages and can tell you all about them. Scott got two of Turks siblings.

Happy 5 months Arlo, you handsome boy!

You could trim the tree. We usually have to shape the trees up. The chameleon condos are pretty heavy. I’m not sure how you could hang something that heavy in a cage. For Turk’s big boy cage you might want to get the dragon ledgers. I don’t know much about them except order it early because it take awhile to get them. Scott @Scottsquatch got them for his cages and can tell you all about them. Scott got two of Turks siblings.
Hello we have the dragon strands with ledges . We run a 2x4 across the top of enclosures With a over hang of an inch on each side so nothing is weighing on the screen . The Frames are solid enough to hold weight . We then Hang our plants and such off the 2x4 .

I know these are lousy pics but hopefully you get the idea.

This is Wasabi's temporary free range. He knew how to escape his baby one, so we needed a quick fix.

At this moment, my husband is building a big new condo for Pixel, and I hope to make one for Wasabi as well.

Attachments

• 8D132622-0505-47F2-816B-AD6A803D2E95.jpeg
    8D132622-0505-47F2-816B-AD6A803D2E95.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 193
  • AC97EDE0-3A3B-46B6-BAD0-F1DB646DDDDD.jpeg
    AC97EDE0-3A3B-46B6-BAD0-F1DB646DDDDD.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 70073170-DBB0-4E50-B048-14245284B7B2.jpeg
    70073170-DBB0-4E50-B048-14245284B7B2.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 173

This is Wasabi's temporary free range. He knew how to escape his baby one, so we needed a quick fix.

At this moment, my husband is building a big new condo for Pixel, and I hope to make one for Wasabi as well.
Love that he has all those windows for light. Perfect spot for him.

Yes this was Pixel's old spot in our bedroom. We have 3 different bays in our house.

Pixel has a big new set up in the living room.
That is great for both of them. Lil Louie is in a corner of our bedroom...but I have a free range between the kitchen and livingroom....and of course his giant outdoor bird cage an 2 different outdoor hibiscus trees to free range with supervision. I would love for him to free range more in the house but my mini dachshund and my shorkie would love nothing more than to catch a lizard.

I bet he loves it! Nice job Andie!

How do you get him to eat anything NOT insect?
I have a container with a lid on it that has a hole in the side for blue bottle pupae...they fly out the side hole and I put tape over it when enough comes out. Anyway...Yesterday I chopped some itty bitty pieces and put on top with a couple of butterworms...he ignored it most of the day...but later in the day the watermelon was gone.

Emma is showing her receptive colors!
View attachment 206880 View attachment 206881
You really can't see the colors correctly. (Stupid cell phone!) But she has pretty yellow bands all over and some blue spots! So @jannb , how long now until she's going to be looking to dig? I am getting her laying bin ready. Just don't know how soon she will need it.

Wow! Emma is the first to show her receptive colors. She looks beautiful though! Each female is different so you just have to be prepared at all times with the lay bin. I would get the lay bin in right away and check it once a week to make sure the moisture is correct so the tunnel want cave in on her. Keep an eye on her weight and she will gain as she develops eggs. Be careful not to overfed and I recommend keeping her temps in the low 80's around 83. I also highly recommend pet health insurance. Females often have egg laying problems. I use Nationwide and for a chameleon it only $8.00 a month for me but I get a multi pet discount and another discount for paying by the year instead of by the month. I think it's $10.00 a month for one chameleon monthly. @Fiona's Mom what do you pay for LL?

Wow! Emma is the first to show her receptive colors. She looks beautiful though! Each female is different so you just have to be prepared at all times with the lay bin. I would get the lay bin in right away and check it once a week to make sure the moisture is correct so the tunnel want cave in on her. Keep an eye on her weight and she will gain as she develops eggs. Be careful not to overfed and I recommend keeping her temps in the low 80's around 83. I also highly recommend pet health insurance. Females often have egg laying problems. I use Nationwide and for a chameleon it only $8.00 a month for me but I get a multi pet discount and another discount for paying by the year instead of by the month. I think it's $10.00 a month for one chameleon monthly. @Fiona's Mom what do you pay for LL?
I paid by the year to get a discount and it was $84. I think it was $9 a month though.

You said every animal is different. Is every cycle different as well? More likely to vary, depending on temps, food, metabolism, etc? Or more regular, like a human?

It’s 11.00 we as well use nationwide . We as well get a discount . I will add some pics of miss phoebe over weekend . She has some interesting new colors I noticed yesterday :love: . I’m thinking as well receptive But they are different then what Frances displays .

Back
Top Bottom