Amos and Fiona's unofficial scale-baby thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angelwolf, Mar 1, 2018.

1. jannb

jannb Chameleon Enthusiast

Happy 5 months Arlo, you handsome boy!

You could trim the tree. We usually have to shape the trees up. The chameleon condos are pretty heavy. I’m not sure how you could hang something that heavy in a cage. For Turk’s big boy cage you might want to get the dragon ledgers. I don’t know much about them except order it early because it take awhile to get them. Scott @Scottsquatch got them for his cages and can tell you all about them. Scott got two of Turks siblings.

Fiona's Mom likes this.
  2. Kristen Wilkins

Kristen Wilkins Chameleon Enthusiast

Hello we have the dragon strands with ledges . We run a 2x4 across the top of enclosures With a over hang of an inch on each side so nothing is weighing on the screen . The Frames are solid enough to hold weight . We then Hang our plants and such off the 2x4 .

VerucaSalt, Fiona's Mom and jannb like this.
  3. jannb

Thank you for posting Kristen!
    @TheGuyInTheChair

4. Andie

Andie Avid Member

I know these are lousy pics but hopefully you get the idea.

This is Wasabi's temporary free range. He knew how to escape his baby one, so we needed a quick fix.

At this moment, my husband is building a big new condo for Pixel, and I hope to make one for Wasabi as well.

Attached Files:

5. Fiona's Mom

Fiona's Mom Chameleon Enthusiast

Love that he has all those windows for light. Perfect spot for him.

Andie and Johnnyjames572 like this.
  6. Andie

Andie Avid Member

Yes this was Pixel's old spot in our bedroom. We have 3 different bays in our house.

Pixel has a big new set up in the living room.

Fiona's Mom likes this.
  7. Fiona's Mom

That is great for both of them. Lil Louie is in a corner of our bedroom...but I have a free range between the kitchen and livingroom....and of course his giant outdoor bird cage an 2 different outdoor hibiscus trees to free range with supervision. I would love for him to free range more in the house but my mini dachshund and my shorkie would love nothing more than to catch a lizard.

VerucaSalt, Andie and jannb like this.
  8. jannb

I bet he loves it! Nice job Andie!

Andie likes this.
  9. Fiona's Mom

Got some good pictures of Lil Louie today...he is just a little over 5 months old and 69 grams now. DSCN1072.JPG DSCN1073.JPG DSCN1076.JPG DSCN1082.JPG DSCN1086.JPG DSCN1087.JPG DSCN1089.JPG DSCN1090.JPG DSCN1094.JPG DSCN1095.JPG

VerucaSalt, jannb and Johnnyjames572 like this.
  10. jannb

Cindy, Little Louie is looking gorgeous. He will be King Louie before you know it. I do believe he may look more like Luie than Amos.

Kristen Wilkins likes this.
  11. Fiona's Mom

I am glad he looks like his great great Grandpa Luie. He ate watermelon for the 1st time today too.

Andie, jannb and Kristen Wilkins like this.
  12. Kristen Wilkins

Fiona's Mom and jannb like this.
  13. Andie

Andie Avid Member

How do you get him to eat anything NOT insect?

14. Fiona's Mom

I have a container with a lid on it that has a hole in the side for blue bottle pupae...they fly out the side hole and I put tape over it when enough comes out. Anyway...Yesterday I chopped some itty bitty pieces and put on top with a couple of butterworms...he ignored it most of the day...but later in the day the watermelon was gone.

15. Angelwolf

Angelwolf Chameleon Enthusiast

Emma is showing her receptive colors!
    IMG_20180528_105621.jpg IMG_20180528_105512.jpg
    You really can't see the colors correctly. (Stupid cell phone!) But she has pretty yellow bands all over and some blue spots! So @jannb , how long now until she's going to be looking to dig? I am getting her laying bin ready. Just don't know how soon she will need it.

Andie, jannb and Fiona's Mom like this.
  16. jannb

Wow! Emma is the first to show her receptive colors. She looks beautiful though! Each female is different so you just have to be prepared at all times with the lay bin. I would get the lay bin in right away and check it once a week to make sure the moisture is correct so the tunnel want cave in on her. Keep an eye on her weight and she will gain as she develops eggs. Be careful not to overfed and I recommend keeping her temps in the low 80's around 83. I also highly recommend pet health insurance. Females often have egg laying problems. I use Nationwide and for a chameleon it only $8.00 a month for me but I get a multi pet discount and another discount for paying by the year instead of by the month. I think it's $10.00 a month for one chameleon monthly. @Fiona's Mom what do you pay for LL?

Angelwolf, Fiona's Mom and VerucaSalt like this.
  17. Fiona's Mom

I paid by the year to get a discount and it was $84. I think it was $9 a month though.

Angelwolf likes this.
  18. Angelwolf

Angelwolf Chameleon Enthusiast

You said every animal is different. Is every cycle different as well? More likely to vary, depending on temps, food, metabolism, etc? Or more regular, like a human?

19. Kristen Wilkins

It’s 11.00 we as well use nationwide . We as well get a discount . I will add some pics of miss phoebe over weekend . She has some interesting new colors I noticed yesterday :love: . I’m thinking as well receptive But they are different then what Frances displays .

Fiona's Mom likes this.
  20. Kristen Wilkins

Frances this round has shown very different colors then her first clutch .

Fiona's Mom likes this.