Ambilobe/Picasso Panther Questions

Brain916

Established Member
I just bought one at the Sacramento Chameleon Show, and I was wondering is the Ambilobe and Picasso the same thing?

Reason I ask is, the people at the stand said it was Picasso, but I see online the term Ambilobe. Also I recall them saying something about the Ambilobe and Picasso.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, btw I will post some pictures up later.

Picasso is a brand name. Ambilobe is a locale referencing a geographic city, town or region.

Picasso are Ambilobe panthers that were collected by Olaf Pronk, within the Ambilobe locale. He named them Picasso, so as not to divulge the geographic sub locale of Ambilobe , in which he found them.

i think it's just another one of those fancy marketing names, maybe a nickname for ambilobes that have a certain 'look' with their coloring... I don't think they're a separate locale (although I could be wrong), to me, they're all ambilobes, whatever color their bars turn out to be and whatever color their bodies turn out to be, they still come from the same place...

post up those pics ^_^ (^ ah you see so there is some history to the 'picasso' tag)

I should post some pictures later, its almost a pink color right now, with blue and green.

The Pink as of now (I was told) will turn Fire Red.

I believe that the attempt to market brand away from the established system
for identifying these animals will only result in confusion.
I can understand the motivations behind it, but the effect stands as a big negative.

If people are swayed by the falsename into buying them, it's going to force others to do the same
and make up different snazzy and unneeded names for their animals.

Back
Top Bottom