Am I male or female

ChamelaChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Help! I adopted a 2 1/2 year old Cham from an animal shelter. Our Exotic Animal Vet said we have a female. I feel like our Cham is male based on features. What do say? See photos below.

Attachments

• 20221105_222417.jpg
    20221105_222417.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9171.jpg
    IMG_9171.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20221104_114716.jpg
    20221104_114716.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 64
Definitely a male as has been said. I notice in one of the pics that you have a container of ReptiVite with D3 and ReptiCalcium with D3. If you are using those two together, you’ll be overdosing with D3. You’ll want to use ReptiCalchum without D3 lightly dusted on every feeding and then use the ReptiVite with D3 for one feeding every other week.

Definitely a male as has been said. I notice in one of the pics that you have a container of ReptiVite with D3 and ReptiCalcium with D3. If you are using those two together, you’ll be overdosing with D3. You’ll want to use ReptiCalchum without D3 lightly dusted on every feeding and then use the ReptiVite with D3 for one feeding every other week.
Thank you. I did not pay attention to the D3. I am really green. This is my first Cham.

Hi there! You have a male Veiled. Time to get a new exotic vet. This boy is a bit overweight.
Yes, he is overweight. I've had him for 3 weeks. He definitely begs for food (everyday). He comes to the door of the enclosure and opens his mouth several times. He will only eat crickets, wax worms (treat), and horned worms (treat). I've offered him Dubia roaches, superworms, and mealworms. He refuses to eat them. I feed him 5 large crickets every other day. 1 horned worm a week and 4 wax worms a week. I never see him drink water but his urates are white, poop is firm and slightly moist. Any feeding advice would be helpful.

Yes, he is overweight. I've had him for 3 weeks. He definitely begs for food (everyday). He comes to the door of the enclosure and opens his mouth several times. He will only eat crickets, wax worms (treat), and horned worms (treat). I've offered him Dubia roaches, superworms, and mealworms. He refuses to eat them. I feed him 5 large crickets every other day. 1 horned worm a week and 4 wax worms a week. I never see him drink water but his urates are white, poop is firm and slightly moist. Any feeding advice would be helpful.
So this is going to have to be reduced. Should not be getting more than 2-3 feeders 3 days a week only. No wax worms at all they are all fat. If he only wants crickets that is fine because it is what he knows.
This Vet worked at the Zoo with the reptiles and he has several reptiles in his office.
And he may be great with other reptiles... Chameleons are more of a specialty animal. Just because a vet knows iguanas does not in turn mean they know chameleons.

Let us know if you would like to do a husbandry review and one of us can post the form for you to fill out. This can be extremely helpful when your new to chams. :) Welcome to the forum!

So this is going to have to be reduced. Should not be getting more than 2-3 feeders 3 days a week only. No wax worms at all they are all fat. If he only wants crickets that is fine because it is what he knows.

And he may be great with other reptiles... Chameleons are more of a specialty animal. Just because a vet knows iguanas does not in turn mean they know chameleons.

Let us know if you would like to do a husbandry review and one of us can post the form for you to fill out. This can be extremely helpful when your new to chams. :) Welcome to the forum!
Glad to be here. I would love a husbandry rewiew.

Feeding- I'll feed him Sunday-Wednesday-Friday 3 large crickets. Is it ok to give him a horned worm on Tuesdays? Seeing him beg for food is gonna break my heart. When he comes to the front of the cage, looks straight at me with both eyes, I'm gonna cry but I'm gonna stay strong.

Back
Top Bottom