Am I able to use this water with a MistKing?

Another option that occurred to me right after being tapped out of ideas is just getting larger containers. 5 gal. glass are re-useable. 5 gal. plastic is... fewer containers to recycle. At 8.34 lbs. per gallon, I think anything larger than 5 gal. might be unwieldy (if such a thing is even available). ?‍♂️

I used to live right by a place that I could fill my own 5 gallon jugs for drinking. It was great! But that's when I conveniently had a parking lot right by the store and only lived on the second floor. All of that is a very different scenario living in San Francisco on the 15th floor lol.

That being said I honestly gave up on this idea too soon before doing in depth research on filling up my own.

Can you use water filtered through your fridge with reptisafe?

Although reptisafe may make it safe for reptiles to drink, the problem here is that the minerals in tap water will clog the misting systems and drippers. It's less of a conversation around safety and more focused on equipment.

I used to live right by a place that I could fill my own 5 gallon jugs for drinking. It was great! But that's when I conveniently had a parking lot right by the store and only lived on the second floor. All of that is a very different scenario living in San Francisco on the 15th floor lol.

That being said I honestly gave up on this idea too soon before doing in depth research on filling up my own.

Although reptisafe may make it safe for reptiles to drink, the problem here is that the minerals in tap water will clog the misting systems and drippers. It's less of a conversation around safety and more focused on equipment.
ok make sense. is there anyway to unclog mistkings if they do get clogged?

It’s definitely better than tap water. Distilled and RO are better choices if you want to avoid water spots. Probably better for your Cham also or at least distilled is. Because when you look up is RO water safe, you get a ton of documentation from the World Health Organization saying it is not. Not sure if that’s a tactic they use to get you to drink purified water or what. Here’s the article from WHO stating how bad it is to drink., supposedly. It’s a lot to read but if your like me, research is fun. Lol. Unfortunately, once I start reading about something it’s like a tree, you start to read about one thing and then you branch off into 20 or more other things, I read way too much, it tends to take up a lot of my time. It’s a problem I have, lol!!! https://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf

It’s definitely better than tap water. Distilled and RO are better choices if you want to avoid water spots. Probably better for your Cham also or at least distilled is. Because when you look up is RO water safe, you get a ton of documentation from the World Health Organization saying it is not. Not sure if that’s a tactic they use to get you to drink purified water or what.
IDT it's anything that sinister. The meaning of "safe" (like some other terms, and depending on the context) can be relative and subjective.

There are pros & cons with any water purification process. I think WHO is just trying to be thorough and present all the facts. BICBW.

IDT it's anything that sinister. The meaning of "safe" (like some other terms, and depending on the context) can be relative and subjective.

There are pros & cons with any water purification process. I think WHO is just trying to be thorough and present all the facts. BICBW.
What does IDT & BICBW mean? Sorry, I’m not cool like that, guess I’m too old school. Lol.

What does IDT & BICBW mean?
IDT = I Don't Think (similar to IDK = I Don't Know)
BICBW = But I Could Be Wrong

Any time something like that comes up, just google: internet abbreviation: [acronym]
There are also sites like https://www.internetslang.com/

Sorry, I’m not cool like that, guess I’m too old school. Lol.
I believe the preferred nomenclature is "culturally bereft" (in the nicest way possible, of course)—that's what my Missus tells me I am—BICBW. ;)
I never was one of the cool kids. 😭

Back
Top Bottom