ah!! am I getting the right thing??

lan_norman704

ok I read into Brad's discussion about the best general info for veiled chams (great info!) he said that the best kind of lighting is the Reptisun 5.0. I called into my local pet store and they said all they had was the Repti-Glo 5.0. I had him read the box word for word so I could compare the two. They were identical besides the name. Is this a good brand?
thanks!!

Hello,

I would stick with the Reptisun. If you can't get one locally try to order it online or prehads try another store if there is one. Do a search on this site regarding reptisun vs reptiglo. There is a great deal of info right here!!

Dell

tips on purchase

a tip on buying these lights - ONLINE. pet stores typically charge upwards of $30 for Reptisun :rolleyes: and you can get them online for as low as $14

www.reptiledepot.com (good price, but can be slow on shipping in my experience)

www.lllreptile.com has them for $13.99 all sizes :eek: (I have found their service on supplies to be good)

and there are others. I would also suggest getting a few (at least, and take advantage of sales to save on shipping) at a time since you have to replace them a couple times a year. Also keep in mind that all fluorescent lights lose their strength at either end first and rapidly. So a 4' bulb is really giving you 3' of light/UVB (approx6" of loss each end).

Another tip is to use a permanent marker to write the date on the end of bulb the day put it in service so you can keep track of when to change.

I have not read the thread that Brad wrote (sorry) so if I have repeated anything, my apologies :eek:
lele

p.s. I agree on using the ReptiSun 5.0 for whatever that is worth...

you get the most output of uvb using reptisun than repti glo.
kinda like getting a big water melon or a small one for the same price.

which one is better? :)

Back
Top Bottom