Aggressiveness between hatchlings??

chameleonneeds

Avid Member
Hey all I need some advice about baby panther chameleons.

A few weeks ago I had a single baby hatch and the next baby only came out about 3 days ago. The first baby is a bit bigger than the new one and I think its being aggressive towards the smaller baby. The little one hides and stares at the other one and sometimes the bigger one puffs up at the little one, I'm worried this will interfere with the other babies eating habits and all that. What do you guys think would be the best thing to do right now? I wanted to raise them all in 1 tub till about 3 months of age and then I was going to put them into a flexarium. Looks like that plan might be ruined.

Regards
-Tyrone

P.S Merry christmas and have a great day!

Yea, looks like you have yourself an Alpha hatchling. I would seperate him. You don't want his aggressive behavior to stress the others. Better safe than sorry.

Yea, looks like you have yourself an Alpha hatchling. I would seperate him. You don't want his aggressive behavior to stress the others. Better safe than sorry.

i agree, just seperate the mr.alpha cham from the rest, during their growth some will grow faster than others, and you might have to seperate the bigger ones from the smaller ones so the smaller ones and "runts" can have a fair portion to feed

Ah well I guess I will be setting up another baby tub today :p lol thanks guys. I will post some pics of these guys when I get the chance :)

Back
Top Bottom