Aggression

The Golden Pothos and jade plant are very small, and at the bottom of the cage.

Sorry if I came off as aggressive.
no it’s totally ok. i shouldn’t have been so rude. but yes i got them recently and am growing them. guess they were right, when you are a chameleon owner you’re also a gardener.

i have a mix of real and fake, i have a golden pothos and a jade plant. but the vines are fake. and believe it or not the moss is never too wet when i touch it.

The issue is, 99% of the time the moss is fake, or dead. And your cham will try to munch on it from time to time. If its living moss it should be fine, and she will much on the pothos too, but thats also fine, they are not poisonous to chams.

ok cool. and also is it safe to put something for the pothos to climb on in the tank?

As long as it's just a branch or two that should be fine. Don't put anything in there that has paint that could chip off, any sharp edges, etc.

I cant imagine your pothos will grow too fast without some sort of grow light.They are hardy but still need some source of light like any plant.

The issue is, 99% of the time the moss is fake, or dead. And your cham will try to munch on it from time to time. If its living moss it should be fine, and she will much on the pothos too, but thats also fine, they are not poisonous to chams.
just got rid of the moss

@littlekiwi the glass enclosures that are used for chameleons are these... http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/natural_terrarium_large.php

In the large format
Natural Terrarium Large/X-Tall

90 x 45 x 90 cm / 36” x 18” x 36” (WxDxH)

The difference is they have venting on the bottom to allow for a pull through of air to the top. Also they have doors on the sides. Yours does not have the airflow these do. But honestly and more importantly to me yours does not have doors on the side. You are reaching in above her every time you need to mist, feed, or you are trying to get her out.

Think of it from her point of view. What happens in the wild when something "attacks from above"? They are about to be killed. Just because she is captive hatched does not mean that the survival instincts are bred out of them.

This is going to cause her quite a bit of consistent stress. I would see about returning that enclosure and getting a proper one.

Back
Top Bottom