Aggression

littlekiwi

Established Member
I’m not sure what’s happening, but i did not handle kiwi while she shed a few days ago. now she won’t let me touch her at all and puffs and hisses when i put my hand in the cage. what could this mean? i’m really worried.

"im bigger now, i can take you". Dont worry, the growth hormones will die down in a few days. Gotta remember she is doubling in weight every 4-6 weeks till she is an adult.

"im bigger now, i can take you". Dont worry, the growth hormones will die down in a few days. Gotta remember she is doubling in weight every 4-6 weeks till she is an adult.
oh! okay. thank you so much! we made some progress today as she let me pet her but i’ve been holding my hand in the tank for two minutes to try and show her i won’t hurt her.

Most chameleons don't like to be pet. I would just set your hand in the cage and leave it at that. Then you can start to lure her onto your hand with food once she is fine with your presence.

Have you managed to fix your husbandry yet? She can't stay in a tank forever, you know.

Most chameleons don't like to be pet. I would just set your hand in the cage and leave it at that. Then you can start to lure her onto your hand with food once she is fine with your presence.

Have you managed to fix your husbandry yet? She can't stay in a tank forever, you know.
i got a new tank yes. and fixed my husbandry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 61
The point was so she wasn't in a tank. And your husbandry is not fixed. Lots of things wrong still.

Did you follow the feedback you were given in your first thread? At all? :(

The point was so she wasn't in a tank. And your husbandry is not fixed. Lots of things wrong still.

Did you follow the feedback you were given in your first thread? At all? :(
i asked a VET about it. he said glass was fine as long as i have air circulation in it. which there is. and you don’t know my chameleon like i do. if i get advice from a vet, i’ll take it over a forum any day. thanks.

Wait, your only light is a common house bulb? Were is the UVB bulb? If you dont have one yet, you better be getting a medium/heavy vit-d suppliment weekly. She is growing fast and shes going to need a lot of D, either from natty sunlight, a linear tube uVB bulb, or a good vit-d suppliment.

Wait, your only light is a common house bulb? Were is the UVB bulb? If you dont have one yet, you better be getting a medium/heavy vit-d suppliment weekly. She is growing fast and shes going to need a lot of D, either from natty sunlight, a linear tube uVB bulb, or a good vit-d suppliment.
i’ve got a uvb but took it off last night because i’m a little worried my lamp isn’t good quality. and i take her outside for 30 minutes in the sun

i asked a VET about it. he said glass was fine as long as i have air circulation in it. which there is. and you don’t know my chameleon like i do. if i get advice from a vet, i’ll take it over a forum any day. thanks.

Lots of us have glass. No one is against glass. Hell lots of us northern folk wrap our screen cages in plastic shower curtains in the winter to keep the humidity up. I dont even think air circulation is a problem since the lights create a convection flow.

Lots of us have glass. No one is against glass. Hell lots of us northern folk wrap our screen cages in plastic shower curtains in the winter to keep the humidity up. I dont even think air circulation is a problem since the lights create a convection flow.
okay cool thank you

Dont take bluntness as being rude. I am not trying to be rude.

Im not saying glass is bad. Im staying glass tanks do not normally work well for chameleons, and they are not typically recommended.

Also, glass isnt the only problem.

i’ve got a uvb but took it off last night because i’m a little worried my lamp isn’t good quality. and i take her outside for 30 minutes in the sun

30min twice a week should be enough to get by without a bulb, till you get your bulb situation handled. Id also suppliment with D once a week instead of every 2 weeks. Ive raise plenty of veilds with almost no UVB (1990s 5.0s that dont put out much at all past 6") and the vet always gave them good bone checks, since i used sticky tongue indoor formula with ultra low dose every feeding D3.

30min twice a week should be enough to get by without a bulb, till you get your bulb situation handled. Id also suppliment with D once a week instead of every 2 weeks. Ive raise plenty of veilds with almost no UVB (1990s 5.0s that dont put out much at all past 6") and the vet always gave them good bone checks, since i used sticky tongue indoor formula with ultra low dose every feeding D3.
i do supplement with d but i’ll be sure to remember once a week

Dont take bluntness as being rude. I am not trying to be rude.

Im not saying glass is bad. Im staying glass tanks do not normally work well for chameleons, and they are not typically recommended.

Also, glass isnt the only problem.
then what is it?

Fake plants, not enough cover, not enough branches by any stretch, too small, moss on the floor, how will you fit a laybin when she comes of age, no uvb bulb (not great long term).

I don't see a temperature/humidity gauge.

How are you handling drainage? I can imagine its a soggy mess in that moss.

Fake plants, not enough cover, not enough branches by any stretch, too small, moss on the floor, how will you fit a laybin when she comes of age, no uvb bulb (not great long term).

I don't see a temperature/humidity gauge.

How are you handling drainage? I can imagine its a soggy mess in that moss.
i have a mix of real and fake, i have a golden pothos and a jade plant. but the vines are fake. and believe it or not the moss is never too wet when i touch it.

The Golden Pothos and jade plant are very small, and at the bottom of the cage.

Sorry if I came off as aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom