Adult Male Veiled Needs Home North Cali

I was searching around craigslist and this person is giving away their male veiled because they can't take care of it. The pics aren't very good but it looks a little beat up and I thought maybe an experienced person on chameleon forums might be able to take it off of her hands. It is free of change and comes with a small enclosure in the add pic. Here is the add ----> http://sacramento.craigslist.org/wan/4900335400.html
male veiled.jpg

She told me it was shedding in the pic but I think it might have a burn or two (I am not sure because of the small pic though)

Will do. Have a collection of dubia and horn worms that have outgrown my panther.

There is another guy selling a very healthy adult male veiled on CL. He looks much healthier, I hope he goes to someone who knows what they are doing.

Yup. I have a dubia breeder colony starting and have an excess of females so he has lots of food. I have half a dozen medium horn worms and have eggs coming in the mail.

If you compost you know those little maggot that you hate. They are what some people call calcium worms or phoenix worms. I haven't tried to feed with them yet but when it warms up a bit more and they start getting more active I might use those if I don't have time to dust the meal worms/super worms/crickets/ veggies.

Finally got the guy to meet me. I am flabbergasted at how bad this setup is! I knew it was a tank and screen but I didn't expect it to be a 10g tank and screen! He has a very severe burn on his casque and a dozen minor burns including his spine spikes, elbows and face. He is very sluggish and his turrets are sunken in. No uvb light, soil on the bottom of his cage. No misting and his only source of water is a hamster bottle, I'm curious if he actually uses it.

a554305d47448f68ee076e2c9c2b5df5.jpg

To top it off, the guy tells me he wants $90 for him after I get there. Then tried to negotiate at $50. I was on my way out when he said I can have him. The nerve of some people.

Nose to tail tip, he is longer than the cage is. I really want to immediately start changing everything but I know stress is only going to make things worse. I was planning on building a full size cage fir him in a few weeks but I may just have to fork over $100 for one. For now, the only change is I added a uvb t8 bulb and raised the daylight bulb so he won't get anymore burns. I have been gut loading some dubai roaches and I have some large horn worms just for him. Going to do some shower therapy soon as well.

Rango was very eager to get out of his cage and is very friendly. I didn't get any nervous behavior or drastic color changes when handling. He wasn't afraid of anyone and seemed to be happy to explore a little.
d0b252735630d4bd062f5d5fccefef42.jpg
2997dc58719f58b52dd5c6e7298affdc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom