? about screen enclosures

wafflesmom

I'm wanting to get my rescue guy a proper enclosure. Well he is stronger but with his MBD as bad as it is, he needs to stay low incase of falls.
So my ? is, if I get him one and put his branches and plants down low, will he just climb the sides if I got a big one? Or should I get a small one and lay it on a side instead of how its suppose to sit?

Consider using coco fibre substrate. Its easily passed if ingested , but cushions the cham if it falls. Also great for holding moisture. I use it on old geriatric chams, as they tend to fall a lot also.

I had coco fiber as the substrate but took it out b/c he had a hard time getting crickets and walking when he was on the bottom. He would have a mouth full of it and loose the cricket.

I did order him a enclosure today. Its a small one but it will be good for his rehab. I had to think about spending over $100 right away with his condition still ify eventhough there's improvement.
As he gets better, I'll upgrade to a bigger size.

When his enclosure gets here, I'll add the coco fiber back but gonna put screen over it.

You could just cup feed your cham, that way you know there will be 0 insects crawling on the substrate. It might even be easier for a cham in that condition to cup feed.

Back
Top Bottom