What screen to use for my enclosure.

Can I use this hardware cloth for the sides and an aluminum screen for the top? (So the cat doesn't mess up the sides but the top gets the same UV)

Attachments

• 17132142522458231178409461599491.jpg
    17132142522458231178409461599491.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 6
Can I use this hardware cloth for the sides and an aluminum screen for the top? (So the cat doesn't mess up the sides but the top gets the same UV)
You can actually use this for every side if your wanting to make sure the can can not rip in. You would just need to account for more UVI going in... So if your running a 6% bulb your looking at more of a 11 inch distance between bottom of fixture and the branch using this hardware cloth. You can layer it too... Put a layer of this over the aluminum screen to keep the cage top more secure. THen I would do an 8 inch distance if using a 5.0 or 6% bulb between bottom of fixture and branch.

You can actually use this for every side if your wanting to make sure the can can not rip in. You would just need to account for more UVI going in... So if your running a 6% bulb your looking at more of a 11 inch distance between bottom of fixture and the branch using this hardware cloth. You can layer it too... Put a layer of this over the aluminum screen to keep the cage top more secure. THen I would do an 8 inch distance if using a 5.0 or 6% bulb between bottom of fixture and branch.
Okay, thank you @Beman I will get started on the enclosure once I'm home, hopefully he wont be AS mad once I give him food 😆

Remember though... They can climb this... which means little kitty nails can still swipe at them and potentially get them.
I'm going to do an extra layer, like an outside layer and an inside layer, so there is a little spsce and they shouldn't be able to get him.

The main thing is my cat is using it as a cat scratcher. I got quite a few to put throughout the house to help, he hasn't swiped at Sherbert or tried to so far.

Back
Top Bottom