about male yemens....?

lizzleberry

people keep asking me, an i sort of assumed i knew but now im not entirely sure,
exactly how big do male yemens get?
mine is 4 months old, and he wont stay still long enough for me to measure him, but maybe from nose to base of his tale he is 10cm (when basking, not when stretched out to walk, so kinda curled up)
he's growing frighteningly fast but i know they're not full grown for 8 - 10 months.
so how big will he get?
how painfull will his grip be (it's already irritating me skin)
and how powerfull will his bite be?
if all this depends on his diet/care etc, how does this affect his growth?
he's doing well, getting used to life, perfectly healthy :)
thanks, liz

I have never been bitten, but there are members who have and it hurts and it can break the skin and make you bleed! A tight, hard grip is a GOOD thing so you just have to deal with that when you pick him up. Wear a glove if it hurts too much. What do you mean how will diet and care affect his growth? Well, of course, everything you do contributes to your chameleons health, and growth especially what you feed him, the quantity and what you feed the feeders with is also equally as important. As with all animals, some grow to be bigger than others. A perfect specimen of an adult male veild can be seen on Jannb's page. She may have some info there as to how big he is and how much he weighs but not every adult male will end up that exact size. If you find your chameleon to be smaller than compared to others, I would'nt dwell too much on it as long as he is healthy.

Back
Top Bottom