About Jackson Chams

skittles1234

ok so as everyone here can probably tell a certain pet store has been selling jackson chams at an alarming rate which i believe is why there is a serious influx of guests here on the forum asking questions about these chams and they all seem to have very little to no experience. :mad: which makes me exteremely enraged at this pet store.
but this is all besides the point. I've rescued my 2 jacksons from this pet store ONLY because they would have died had I not. BUT now (and i hate to bring this up due to a fellow forum members recent loss today) i'm very worried sick about my two chams. People are saying they just drop like flies apparently. Is there anything i can do to prevent this and see possible warning signs? We have been to the vet, everything seems well, but i'm still concerned with this news i heard today. I dont care about the amount of money i spent on my chams to save them, i just care to see them make it to adulthood.

Unfortunatly the vast majority of all these Jackson's will probably die. When was the last time you have seen anyone post a picture of a full grown Jackson. I have only seen a couple posted one here. IMO people should not rescue Chameleons unless they are very familiar with the care of the species and have the skills to care for a sick Chameleon.

I don't mean to be a bummer but Jacksons seem to require certain elements in their care that are not always easy to identify and provide.

I have kept Jackson's for some time and I'm convinced that keeping them outside within certain parameters is one of the keys to success. Of course starting out with healthy animals is always the best option.

I rescued my female Jackson's from a local petsmart. She was at that store for a few months and every time we came in to see if she was there she just kept getting bigger.
We decided to get her because of these people tapping on the glass in front of her.
She seems healthy, no gaping of the mouth, tongue is working properly, she poops on a regular basis, and drinks from the custom dripper we set up for her.
I could not stand seeing her get tortured any longer. I have had her for two weeks and she is doing really well.
When we first got her she was a dark brown and now her greens are starting to show up a bit better.
We believe she is 5 or 6 months old. She is a curious one though, except when it comes to us lol.
When i am on the comp and turn around to check on her she is usually staring right at me.

It is sad that all these pet stores are getting them in and that they all can't survive and live a full life. Hopefully some of us who save them can give them full healthy lives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom