Abnormal shedding

For my crickets, I was thinking of getting 1000 crickets from flukers, and 5 day shipping. Will they die?

http://www.lllreptile.com/products/22467-zoo-med-24-t5-high-output-terrarium-hood is this a good one? I already have the zoomed dual light, and the red light. But im not sure what light im supposed to buy.

Please note that I am not an expert and am basically providing this info based on the posts you already received.
I know it’s quite overwhelming but try to take the steps outlined for you by the experienced members.

You need 2 sources of light. One for UVB and one for heat...

1). UVB...Buy the zoo-med in the link. It includes the fixture and the uvb tube bulb that fits in it. Place a branch 8-9” below the uvb bulb as recommended in a previous post. That will be the uvb source.

2). HEAT...The dual zoo med fixture you have will be used for the heat bulb. Take out both of the bulbs you are using. . Just use one side of your dual light for your heat. Place another branch about 8-9” below the heat bulb. As indicated in a previous post, try a 60 watt incandescent bulb for heat. If 60 watts doesn’t give you 80 degrees then use a higher or lower watt bulb. Don’t just move the branch up too far or it will burn your girl. Get a thermometer to measure the temperature on the branch under the heat bulb

3). Get the supplements recommended by other members and feed and supplement as they instructed.

4). See if the vet or school will agree to a payment plan for the exam and treatments. This is criitical.

For my crickets, I was thinking of getting 1000 crickets from flukers, and 5 day shipping. Will they die?
A cricket life cycle is about 2-3 months and IMO they smell, they are loud, and just not the best feeder out there. I would consider Dubias, some people here also have 10% off codes for Dubiaroaches.com to save money. They don’t smell, they’re quiet, they’re healthier, they can’t climb smooth surfaces, and their lifecycle is so much long at 10-18 months depending gender.

A cricket life cycle is about 2-3 months and IMO they smell, they are loud, and just not the best feeder out there. I would consider Dubias, some people here also have 10% off codes for Dubiaroaches.com to save money. They don’t smell, they’re quiet, they’re healthier, they can’t climb smooth surfaces, and their lifecycle is so much long at 10-18 months depending gender.
Dubia roaches are completely sold out on dubia roaches.com, so I have to deal with crickets sadly. Will the 5 day shipping hurt the crickets at all?

Dubia roaches are completely sold out on dubia roaches.com, so I have to deal with crickets sadly. Will the 5 day shipping hurt the crickets at all?
Yeah that it unfortunately the case, it is bc they are moving locations and will be open around January 11th (I think). I ran into this problem and then ordered from rainbowmealworms.com.
I’ve never ordered crickets, but if they offer a heat pack when they ship, I suggest you take it and don’t ship to your house/apartment. Ship to the closest FedEx center that will accept dangerous goods/live animals. That way the bugs won’t sit outside or freeze in the back of a FedEx car

Yeah that it unfortunately the case, it is bc they are moving locations and will be open around January 11th (I think). I ran into this problem and then ordered from rainbowmealworms.com.
I’ve never ordered crickets, but if they offer a heat pack when they ship, I suggest you take it and don’t ship to your house/apartment. Ship to the closest FedEx center that will accept dangerous goods/live animals. That way the bugs won’t sit outside or freeze in the back of a FedEx car
Does flukers ship to a FedEx location?

Does flukers ship to a FedEx location?
Just put the address as that FedEx location that does allow dangerous goods. If you’re in Lansing it would be this one I think: 5930 Enterprise Dr. Lansing, MI 48911 US
Make sure you’re number is on the label or you track that shipment very well aka text updates and check often bc sometimes the facility will not call you to pick up

Just put the address as that FedEx location that does allow dangerous goods. If you’re in Lansing it would be this one I think: 5930 Enterprise Dr. Lansing, MI 48911 US
Make sure you’re number is on the label or you track that shipment very well aka text updates and check often bc sometimes the facility will not call you to pick up
Where can I find a good branch 9"?

Is this good for a calcium supplement?

Attachments

• 16098125650605133387354581352244.jpg
    16098125650605133387354581352244.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 64
Where can I find a good branch 9"?
Simplest is a 60-97¢ dowel from any craft or Walmart. Due to it being winter it is harder to hunt for backyard branches. But if you do I suggest you go on YouTube and google Neptune the Chameleon, she has a ton of good videos and shows how to clean branches the right way. I also look for termites in my real branches that I used by peeling back bark.

They may. That is an awful lot of crickets for one cham. How will you be keeping them? I usually get only about 500 at a time which lasts a bit over 2 weeks and I’ve got a ravenous beardie and 4 chams (I mostly feed the chams roaches though). I keep them in a huge plastic bin with lots of ventilation and it’s a chore to keep them clean and odor free. Have you thought about starting a roach colony? Is super easy and once it gets established you’ll never be without feeders again. Very cost efficient too.

They may. That is an awful lot of crickets for one cham. How will you be keeping them? I usually get only about 500 at a time which lasts a bit over 2 weeks and I’ve got a ravenous beardie and 4 chams (I mostly feed the chams roaches though). I keep them in a huge plastic bin with lots of ventilation and it’s a chore to keep them clean and odor free. Have you thought about starting a roach colony? Is super easy and once it gets established you’ll never be without feeders again. Very cost efficient too.
I was thinking about doing this.

Please note that I am not an expert and am basically providing this info based on the posts you already received.
I know it’s quite overwhelming but try to take the steps outlined for you by the experienced members.

You need 2 sources of light. One for UVB and one for heat...

1). UVB...Buy the zoo-med in the link. It includes the fixture and the uvb tube bulb that fits in it. Place a branch 8-9” below the uvb bulb as recommended in a previous post. That will be the uvb source.

2). HEAT...The dual zoo med fixture you have will be used for the heat bulb. Take out both of the bulbs you are using. . Just use one side of your dual light for your heat. Place another branch about 8-9” below the heat bulb. As indicated in a previous post, try a 60 watt incandescent bulb for heat. If 60 watts doesn’t give you 80 degrees then use a higher or lower watt bulb. Don’t just move the branch up too far or it will burn your girl. Get a thermometer to measure the temperature on the branch under the heat bulb

3). Get the supplements recommended by other members and feed and supplement as they instructed.

4). See if the vet or school will agree to a payment plan for the exam and treatments. This is criitical.
So I should remove the red bulb. I got that, but what did I do with the disk bulbs

Back
Top Bottom