A Tribute to Padre

Jann, I don't even know what to say... I am SO, so sorry to hear this. I couldn't believe it when I read it, I even scared Jonathan and the dogs when I gasped. Know that I am only a short distance away if you need anyone to help you with anything at all. Padre was magnificent and he will be sorely missed by everyone who got to meet him.

Your dedication is an inspiration! Thanks for sharing both the good and difficult times with us. I know we were all praying with you. So sorry for your loss.

I just read this and gasped in disbelief. So very sorry to hear that you lost Padre. He couldn't have had better care...I know you did all you could. So sorry.

Jann, Padre was so handsome and I never realized how big he was until seeing the picture of him on your shoulder. It was such a big shock to get the message on Monday of his passing and it was totally unexpected. None of us knew it was that bad. I'm so Sorry for your loss :( RIP Padre

Jann, again I'm so sorry for what you must be going through right now. Seeing pictures of beautiful Padre was one thing but seeing the videos of how sweet and gentle he was really broke my heart even more :( He was a great chameleon and family member.

We all know that you must feel nothing but pain right now, but I hope that you can eventually see something positive from this tragedy. Even though the actual cause of the hole in his mouth is unknown, people (including myself) will now be more careful in feeding insects that can have the potential of injuring our beloved chams. I will now take the extra precaution of removing any sharp digits/limbs/teeth from feeders before offering them. This I feel will help save many other chameleons in the future on and help save owners from similar heartache. Padre's untimely passing will not have been in vain and I hope that you will somehow find solace in his contribution to the forum's overall knowledge of safe upkeeping.

RIP sweet gentle Padre :(:(

Edit: Just read my response and I hope that it doesn't come across as me knocking on your chameleon care practice, because we all know that you would do anything and everything to provide the best for your pets. Bad things just happen sometimes even with the best intentions and if Padre's injury was due to an insect damaging his mouth, I just wanted you to know that at least I learned a safer way of feeding my cham. I'm pretty confident that others will also be more cautious.

I am so sorry Jann. I cannot imagine what you're going through. I know you take the best care of your herd, and pay attention to every detail there is. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

-Chase

OMG... When I read this I couldn't beleive it!!!!! Padre was such a beautiful creature...He was loved by everyone on this forum, and so are you jann.

RIP Padre :(

What a wonderful collage of Padres life!!
Its so very nice to see that he was surrounded by love!!!!
So very sorry for your loss Jannb!!
RIP Padre

I just saw this on Facebook, and I'm very, very sorry. Hopefully Hera will have fertile eggs and he'll be able to live on.

Jann, So sad to hear of your loss. He was a wonderful example of a parson's and he will be missed. Be comforted in the fact that you gave him a great home and he had a great life. So Sorry.

Padre was an amazing animal, I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to meet him and you last year! I saw it first handed, that he had the life of Riley, he was a kind ol' soul, you could see it in his eyes...
He could not of wanted for a thing and that was before Hera came along..
We mourn his passing with you, he will be greatly missed by us all! Take comfort in the fact that he left this world completely satiated!
I will be keeping you, Mike and all in my thoughts and prayers...

Last edited:
Im so sorry you lost him! He was a beautiful guy and had many who loved him.

Maybe the breeding took and you can have some wonderful babies to carry on his legacy.

hat a tragic loss,I am so sorry!He was an amazing chameleon. He will be a part of this forums for ever! rest in piece big guy

Back
Top Bottom