A slightly disgusting question..

hannah8288

ok so for around ten days now my chameleon seems to be having some unusual poop. Just before he goes to the toilet, there is some clear liquid which drips out from that area, and often the white part is covered in an egg white like clear fluid. The rest of it is normal and nothing has changed in his environment. He has also in this time gone off his food (crickets, silkworms and locusts), and now only eats one or two bugs a day which is worrying as he is only six months old. I read that silkworms can cause the runny feces however he he would only have a couple a day and now hasn't had any in about a week yet the problem is still persisting. Could it be parasites?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ok I will try to get a photo tomorrow. Its literally as he starts to go to the toilet some water drips out before anything and then the the urate is a creamy colour but around it is like a clear jelly.

That sounds normal to me. They can get more of the gel type portion when they eat watery feeders like silk worms.

That sounds normal to me. They can get more of the gel type portion when they eat watery feeders like silk worms.

Or if they are drinking more water at a particular time. If there was a lot of mucus coating feces and they are smelly, time for a parasite check. You can always take a fresh fecal (not just the urate) sample to a vet to check for parasites if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom