A sad choice.

unknown

Tomorrow I am going to set up an appointment for Bert to go to sleep... He is wasting away and I fear that he has something horrible like cancer. With no sizeable improvements despite fluid injections and antibiotics, it hardly seems fair to continue giving him nutrients to sustain this terrible condition. He has not pooped in a month, although he passes urite (white/runny). Even with a diagnosis, there is little to be done.

If I can afford it, I will get a necropsy, but times are tight in my world these days. So it is time. He has started to bite at my hand when I have to handle him for treatment, feeding and watering, indicating that he is done with all of it, and I don't want our last days together ones of distrust and fear.

:(

What a hard decision to make ... but it sounds to me like you are making the right one.
I'm sorry, I know you will miss him.

-Brad

We are very sorry for you impending loss! for comfort; you are offering Bert the most wonderful gift we can give our companions, an end to suffering. We will keep both of you in our hearts tomorrow, if you need anything or someone to talk to please PM us.

Stacy and Paul

You are a good person and accepting this is an unselfish thing to do. My thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry. But you're making the right decision. I know this is hard, I had to do it for my dog. But you'll feel a lot better knowing he's not in pain anymore. My condolences go out to you.

Really sorry to hear of your loss; I beleave lil LuvBug will happily give his gift of life over to the Source; and may he rest in peace forevermore; my hand in heart

It's awful to have to make 'the' decision that all owners/keepers dread. It just hurts that the kindest thing for them is also the hardest thing for us! I am thinking of you. Tiff.

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. Bert and I said our last goodbyes this morning. He was a beautiful creature and I will miss him dearly.

I may not be around as often, but I will surely be back if, in the future, I am blessed by another chameleon.

Thanks again, guys... You're all amazing for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

IMG_9176.jpg

RIP dear Chameleonbert, I love you!

I am so very sorry for your loss. You have to remember the long and happy life that you gave Bert. May those memories live on with you forever.

I`m so sorry that the situation has come to this and i really admire you for thinking of poor Bert`s feelings above your own. You did the right thing and i am sure he would thank for it. RIP Bert.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I give you a heck of a lot of credit for doing what you did.

Back
Top Bottom