A new addition to the kingdom

I would get him on more crickets now though.

I did a 50/50 split between flies and crix as I didn't have as much access to pins as I wanted.

I don't have the space to keep 10 cages of babies, so they were housed together in4 cages.

Now that he is on his own and all the food is his, he will be just fine.

There is nothing wrong with any of my babies. He is simply a bit smaller because he was housed with others and had to work for food.

I offered plenty of food and variety for my babies. I watched all babies when they ate and only had a few who struggled. Those who did were separated out into a single gallon jug home to monitor it. And those have not and will not be sold.

To psychobunny- smidget is just fine. He eats like a pig and im sure would be just fine on the 1/4 crickets. I fed slightly smaller ones only because they grow so fast. I needed to get through them before they got too big.

Go ahead and try the crickets, I'm sure you will find he loves them.

Keep offering the roaches, maybe offer crix and them together and he should eventually see that they are food as well.

Now that the weather has warmed up, he can go outside which will help as well.

Thanks, I'm not worried.

I know cricks are very frustrating to organize for baby chams because they
grow so fast.
My old batch is dying off, so I needed to order more anyway, and I have
poor luck with raising them.
I'm going to try to raise brown banded cricks again this summer.

Today, I let more bb flies loose in his cage and saw him snag 3 of them, one right after the other.
He love them!! The flies like the basking light, and hang out on the screen
under it. Smidge tries to snag them, but tongue is too short!!
So I went out to my already bare dogwood tree and cut another branch on
put higher up so he can reach them.

This little guy is going to grow really fast, he is not afraid of me being close
by, and is not the least bit shy about chowing down with me around, even
if I have the door open and my hand inside.

Just watching this tiny guy eat these flies is wonderful nerd entertainment!

Back
Top Bottom