A humidifier...

Kittyrocc

Hi all

When using a humidifier should purified water be used?

I use purified water to mist my cham...

I think my cham needs more humidity and I read a humidifier could work...

Hi all

When using a humidifier should purified water be used?

I use purified water to mist my cham...

I think my cham needs more humidity and I read a humidifier could work...

i would use purified water, but i doubt it would cause a problem

i would use purified water, but i doubt it would cause a problem

What may be more important for the humidifier is using de-mineralized water so deposits don't build up in the unit. Build ups will clog the humidifier eventually, coat your cage and leaves with salts, and can also harbor bacteria. If you clean the humidifier regularly (to remove hard water deposits and bacteria) you should be good to go if your tap water isn't too hard.

What may be more important for the humidifier is using de-mineralized water so deposits don't build up in the unit. Build ups will clog the humidifier eventually, coat your cage and leaves with salts, and can also harbor bacteria. If you clean the humidifier regularly (to remove hard water deposits and bacteria) you should be good to go if your tap water isn't too hard.

Hi Carlton,

My water water isn't hard and I have a filter on on my main water line.... but I was told anytime I spray him I should use purified RO water...

I just want him to be safe and healthy...

Hi Carlton,

My water water isn't hard and I have a filter on on my main water line.... but I was told anytime I spray him I should use purified RO water...

I just want him to be safe and healthy...

If you know your tap water is safe for humans (you can easily get it tested so you know) and isn't overly hard, you should be able to use it to mist your cham. Main reasons people use RO water is because their city tap water has a lot of treatment chemical residue in it or they have sulphury hard well water (like mine...the minerals mess up everything!).

When I move to a new place I get my tap water tested. Then, based on what is in it I can decide to use an RO filter, bottled water, or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom