A Failure Start

windmark

image.jpg

Dear all,

My female panther laid 19 eggs after mating (24 days). But all eggs are laid on the earth or floor. 3 eggs were laid in a box with water (below water droper). I saw female dig holes many times but never made a deep one.

When I found them, all egges excetp three laid in water box had uneven surface. I collected eggs and put them into incubation box. The box were put in an incubation machine. After 8 days, almost all eggs got mold except the three that were laid in water box.

The moisture in the incubation machine is 82% and there is a lid on the incubation box. I made six holes on the incubation box.

My guess is that eggs were dehydrated(before I collected them), which leads to getting mold. What do you think? Could too much moisture be a problem causing the current issues? Do you think the right three eggs have the chance (three laid in water box)?

I have never kept a female but was the laying bin deep enough for her? I know from reading that it should be several inches deep. It is possible that the eggs dehydrated and were not viable but mold usually likes moist and dark conditions, so they may have molded just because they were nonviable. I am not sure about the other ones. I am sure one of the experienced breeders will weigh in on this, but I would not give up on them just yet.

Back
Top Bottom