6 month old nosy be laid 27 eggs first clutch

jaglon53

Im super excited now have to wait a good 6-8 months for the eggs to hatch. My Sinatra line female from Kammers and Super blue male couples first clutch was laid yesterday and for a 6-7 month old female she laid a lot of eggs 27 to be exact. Im very happy she is doing great as well as soon as she woke up she pounded 2 crickets and laped up some water off a leaf. This pairing is going to produce some out of this world blues im hopeing as I couldnt imagine better stock to produce them.

Attachments

• 27eggs.jpg
    27eggs.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Females Sire SINATRA.jpg
    Females Sire SINATRA.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Pascle the SIRE from super blue.jpg
    Pascle the SIRE from super blue.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 163
Congrats on the eggs, you must be very excited. However, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was concerned about you breeding the female so early. It would have served her and the eggs well if she'd had at least 6 more months of growth herself first. Make sure to feed and supplement her super well for the next while!

Again though, congrats on the eggs. The male is gorgeous

I'm extremely excited for you and I might even want a male or female from you once they hatch. However I agree 100% with Olimpia. A fertile clutch of 27 for a female that is so young is threatening to her health. I would dust heavily for 4 days with calcium for her, or if possible I would get her some liquid calcium. She needed the extra calcium right now for her bones but she had to use a lot of that for the eggs.

On another note though, your male is killer. Absolutely amazing. You should produce some of the best nosy be out there! I can't wait till they hatch :D

Agreed. One should wait atleast 10 months until they breed any female. Males are ready earlier, but for healths sake females need a little more time. Just keep an eye out for her, we all know you will :)

Okay Rob enough with your sarcasm considering our conversation. I can see everyones concern but if my female is going to lay an infertile clutch it is just as stressful and she was extremely large compared to any female at any age. I guess its just a matter of opinion but I will tell you this without naming names considering how touchy everyone is on this matter. One of the top five Cham breeders in the U.S told me to breed her when I sent pics of her when she was receptive. She has been eating a lot today which is cool. If I am supposed to wait a year I will next time. Thanks everyone ill keep you posted when they hatch god willing.

Okay Rob enough with your sarcasm considering our conversation. I can see everyones concern but if my female is going to lay an infertile clutch it is just as stressful and she was extremely large compared to any female at any age. I guess its just a matter of opinion but I will tell you this without naming names considering how touchy everyone is on this matter. One of the top five Cham breeders in the U.S told me to breed her when I sent pics of her when she was receptive. She has been eating a lot today which is cool. If I am supposed to wait a year I will next time. Thanks everyone ill keep you posted when they hatch god willing.

An infertile clutch is much easier on a female than a fertile one is. Fertile eggs are usually much larger also. Your female is pretty large, I've seen pics. How much does she weigh?

no sarcasim its my opinion big diff, get over it most people dont think its good to breed a 6 month old female, an as for our conv? lost me there dont remember ever talking to you.

congrats man...goodluck on the eggs, should produce some intense offspring

i dont see a point people being repetitive about the issue, you been here for awhile and done the proper research and made an independent choice, as long as you care for your chams properly, and they are fine, nothing else should matter....the deed is already done.

although maybe nextimt you can compare these eggs to a future clutch after she is around a 1 year old or so to see size comparisons of the eggs an maybe even see any issues or differences of the neonates from the cluthes...just my opinion and curiosity

all in all people arent here to bash you, beleive it or not they care about your chams, thats why they bothered to even post in the first place. I personally dont doubt your care for them is great.

Thanks Ace didnt take it as bashing no worries I appreciate the feedback. Also yes I love my Chams and love these forums I have learned a lot over the years on here.

I've actually been told by 2 very reputable breeders that 50 grams and 6+ months is fine to breed females...

I've actually been told by 2 very reputable breeders that 50 grams and 6+ months is fine to breed females...

6 months is to young. A female can weigh 50 grams all she wants, IMO she still needs that extra calcium at that age for her bones. I mean in the wild females will mate with no problem at that age but captive female raised under artificial UVB aren't as ready to breed as females are in the wild. Just my opinion.

f I am supposed to wait a year I will next time. .

No...you do not need to wait a year to breed a female! I have seen pictures of your females and i have talked to you before so i can tell you without any hesitation that you did the right thing breeding her! Not only was your female thick, stalky, healthy, and large, she also was receptive. There is a misconception here on the forums with everyone thinking that 1 year for a female is the magic number to breed...no....i have personally seen and heard of many female that finally become receptive at two years old or some that grow fast and become recpetive at 5 months old. You should only breed the female if she is healthy, thick and stalky (good size), receptive. All of these things your female was. If you supplement and feed you female correctly then i dont see any problems occuring as well. The extra stress of breeding is normal..considering it happens in the wild and that many breeders breed females at a young age (once they think the female is ready). People shouldnt be discouraging you from breeding early without even seeing pictures of your female (which i have seen).

Congrats on the eggs, you must be very excited. However, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was concerned about you breeding the female so early. It would have served her and the eggs well if she'd had at least 6 more months of growth herself first. Make sure to feed and supplement her super well for the next while!

Again though, congrats on the eggs. The male is gorgeous

i feel you on this too i hope you got some liquid calcium to give her this will help her get back on her feet. But i just had my female kilo lay a clutch of 21 eggs and i didn't even breed her when i got her she was gravid. so if they show being gravid at such a young age could you breed anyways i mean does it take the same out of thier bodies with a fertile clutch then without a fertile clutch??? I mean why let the eggs go to waste if you can have itty bitty babies running around.

Allen - if your female is already gravid there's no point in breeding. The eggs are formed and nothing you do short of injecting sperm into the eggs directly is going to come close to fertilizing them. It's like a woman - you fertilize the egg before you get the baby, if there's already a baby there's no point in fertilizing, she won't get pregnant again (except in the rare case, I have a cousin that was concieved 3 months into the pregnancy that was his brother.)

Now to the issue of size, if she was large then great, it was probably better. But I still think that you might as well wait until the female has reached her maximum potential size before breeding. This is if you are also keeping her from laying eggs while she is still under a year old, otherwise it sort of defeats the purpose and you might as well breed, I suppose. But back to a woman example, a 13 year old girl could certainly give birth, but there's an added risk with the size of her pelvis - it hasn't grown as much as it could. And serious issues could arise as a result. I've heard of a few cases of here of 6 month of females laying eggs and dying because the eggs did a number of her small insides. I think it just errs of the side of caution, but if you got second opinions and your female was large, then good. I mean, what's done is done and she's obvious fine, but I suggest maybe waiting a bit longer with any future breedings. But that's just my opinion, of course.

Well u didnt qnswer my second question does it take more out of a cham if the eggs r fertile or is it the same if it wasnt fertile like i said before i got her like that but i do plan on breeding her next year at some point cause who doesnt love itty bitty babies!!!

Well, I think I've read that fertile eggs are larger and that their shells are usually better constructed with more calcium (I've never bred myself so you have to take what I say as 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge!) so it seems like it would take a bit more. Supplementing isn't an issue, but I think size is what worries me most. Although, if we're talking about a full grown female, it shouldn't be a problem. As far as anything inside the egg taking more from the female, I shouldn't think so, not from what I remember from embryology.

Back
Top Bottom