50 Shades of Beauty, meet Ranjo

Sonny13

Chameleon Enthusiast
Finally did Ranjo get his deserved home, where people take care of him and give the best possible life. Poor Ranjo has been kept his first year of life in a small (really small) enclosure in a pet store.

While he’s still in quarantine for a fecal test, we already started to build and finish his new home. In the meantime, we gave him today his first outdoor and real uv time.

The colors are just...... well pictures say more the 1000 words 😍

Now 🤞🏻🤞🏻 he comes clean and can go ASAP to his new home.

Ranjo outside

F5A50F4F-40E8-47FF-BB79-14F97E49C565.jpeg

82187FDB-D31B-43C2-A3DB-96B70D5E78BB.jpeg

106789C0-EE8A-47D1-BF98-41E0256C8E33.jpeg
5FE9C117-C575-44ED-A553-C8228570A232.jpeg

His new home awaiting him. Now home office days wont be a punishment. 22”x22”x40” bioactive, with 10 live plants and vines.

88D49A93-7180-483B-984D-C2CB1F511CAF.jpeg

7610D283-7537-463C-A74A-71F2C8B07015.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally did Ranjo get his deserved home, where people take care of him and give the best possible life. Poor Ranjo has been kept his first year of life in a small (really small) enclosure in a pet store.

While he’s still in quarantine for a fecal test, we already started to build and finish his new home. In the meantime, we gave him today his first outdoor and real uv time.

The colors are just...... well pictures say more the 1000 words 😍

Now 🤞🏻🤞🏻 he comes clean and can go ASAP to his new home.

Ranjo outside

View attachment 302433
View attachment 302434
View attachment 302435View attachment 302436

His new home awaiting him. Now home office days wont be a punishment. 22”x22”x40” bioactive, with 10 live plants and vines.

View attachment 302438

View attachment 302437
Gorgeous! Mine was a Petco find and 2 fecals negative so hopefully he will be also.

Couldn´t be more excited, just received a redeeming phone call from the vet:

s reactions morning GIF

Finally I could move poor Ranjo from quarantine to final new home.....

He´s already happy exploring, now hopefully he´ll settle down quickly and enjoys his meals (haven´t seen him eating yet).

image0.jpeg

Tracked the temps last days and night temps are 58-60 (outside the fog cloud, probably lower inside it) and daytime temps vary from 63 at bottom, 68 middle and 73 top. Basking light is only on for 2 hours just warm things up. Downside is with these temps, is the enclosure doesn´t dry during the day, I mist in the morning and evening and thinking about only misting in evening. What are your thoughts? @dinomom and @snitz427

Herewith some pictures of the building process of his enclosure and the final results. Placed the enclosure on a bed of clay balls inside a larger Curver box (with drainage system). It has now a total 13 live plants and vines.

Today also a home office day and that´s no punishment

IMG_3497.jpg

The making of.....

366.jpg
963.jpg

The result......

IMG_3498.jpg
IMG_3499.jpg
IMG_3500.jpg
IMG_3501.jpg
IMG_3502.jpg

.... in no manner shy (maybe the only good thing from being exposed in a pet store)
The one that got me back into this insanity was a Petco rescue. Ran in for dog food, saw her, stopped to look at her.
She looked at me and came to the front of the tank. Followed me to whichever side of the tank i went to. Worker opened the door, and she came straight out onto my hand.
That was all it took.
(I should add, that since then, she wants nothing to do with me.)

Couldn´t be more excited, just received a redeeming phone call from the vet:

s reactions morning GIF

Finally I could move poor Ranjo from quarantine to final new home.....

He´s already happy exploring, now hopefully he´ll settle down quickly and enjoys his meals (haven´t seen him eating yet).

View attachment 302552

Tracked the temps last days and night temps are 58-60 (outside the fog cloud, probably lower inside it) and daytime temps vary from 63 at bottom, 68 middle and 73 top. Basking light is only on for 2 hours just warm things up. Downside is with these temps, is the enclosure doesn´t dry during the day, I mist in the morning and evening and thinking about only misting in evening. What are your thoughts? @dinomom and @snitz427

Herewith some pictures of the building process of his enclosure and the final results. Placed the enclosure on a bed of clay balls inside a larger Curver box (with drainage system). It has now a total 13 live plants and vines.

Today also a home office day and that´s no punishment

View attachment 302553

The making of.....

View attachment 302554View attachment 302555

The result......

View attachment 302556View attachment 302557View attachment 302558View attachment 302559View attachment 302560
He is stunning and so is his awesome enclosure. Love the nep vine! And what is the pink plant, I need that..

I too did not see mine eat for a while. But after just a couple of weeks he was running over to see what is in the deli cup in my hand, and will even eat his favorites off my hand. I think part of it is recognizing new food sources, mine was on only mealworms at the store :( They do definitely prefer active prey, I sometimes have to nudge the dubias or BSFL to get him to eat them whereas he will sprint from cage bottom to top in seconds for flies. Not methodical stalking like veiled.

I do 2, two minute mists (just before lights on and five minutes before lights out) versus 6 mins for veiled enclosure. He is pretty quick to drink and two minutes seems to hit the sweet spot. Cage dries but stays pretty humid near the top and maybe does not 100% dry at the bottom. Again unlike veiled who sleeps at the top, he always goes low to sleep, seeking out the coolest/most humid place I think.

Don’t give me any ideas please 😂
Ha!!
Like you haven't already thought about it !
Where he is, you have to turn your head to see him.
And take your eyes off of your work.
That's not being very productive....
Just be sure to position everything so he doesn't show up in a Zoom meeting :)

And what is the pink plant, I need that..
That would be a pink flamingo plant, I believe.

too did not see mine eat for a while. But after just a couple of weeks he was running over to see what is in the deli cup in my hand, and will even eat his favorites off my hand. I think part of it is recognizing new food sources, mine was on only mealworms at the store :( They do definitely prefer active prey, I sometimes have to nudge the dubias or BSFL to get him to eat them whereas he will sprint from cage bottom to top in seconds for flies. Not methodical stalking like veiled.
Thanks, that brings up hope. He only had small crickets. Now I’m trying BSF, crickets, locusts and bought some gold flies larvae.
I do 2, two minute mists (just before lights on and five minutes before lights out) versus 6 mins for veiled enclosure. He is pretty quick to drink and two minutes seems to hit the sweet spot. Cage dries but stays pretty humid near the top and maybe does not 100% dry at the bottom. Again unlike veiled who sleeps at the top, he always goes low to sleep, seeking out the coolest/most humid place I think.
Perfect, then I keep my schedule for now, thanks 👍🏻

Ha!!
Like you haven't already thought about it !
Where he is, you have to turn your head to see him.
And take your eyes off of your work.
That's not being very productive....
Just be sure to position everything so he doesn't show up in a Zoom meeting :)
Dammit
jersey shore youre busted GIF

If you can get your hands on some soldier flies, he will put your mind at ease.
Have yet to see a cham that won't go running for them.
You can push the bsfl to maturity with some food and heat.
Usually only takes a week or two if you bought the large size

Back
Top Bottom