4-5 month old cham cage

Hi. I’m getting a 4-5 month old panther chameleon. i have a 2x2x4, and a 12x18x24 cage. which one should i put him in when i receive him.

I use one of these so I never really worry about him eating.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 59
you can put any chameleon in that size enclosure above 3 months please update throughout the process of getting it.

Hi. I’m getting a 4-5 month old panther chameleon. i have a 2x2x4, and a 12x18x24 cage. which one should i put him in when i receive him.

There's no reason a baby/juvenile can't go immediately into a full-size enclosure. :)

When we picked Mr. GrumpyPants up from the FedEx hub, he was barely 3 months, and went directly into his 48" x 24" x 48" enclosure.

Adapting to it took him less than a day. ;)

ok. sorry i’m just extra cautious because my last chameleon was sent to me way to young and he got to cold in a bigger enclosure.

ok. sorry i’m just extra cautious because my last chameleon was sent to me way to young and he got to cold in a bigger enclosure.
His being/getting cold had nothing to do with the size of the enclosure; it had to do with the temperature of the enclosure.

If your setup is good (tested, and bugs worked out ahead of time) he should be fine.
Have you done a habitat review? That should help identify potential problems before they happen.

Just moved a 3 month into a 2x2x5 enclosure.
Grab a few analog temperature/humidity monitors and mount one high, one mid, and one low in the cage, makes its easy to glace at and see the temp/humidity at different levesl, how its holding, and it helps zero you in on adjusting.

Per feeding, I'm using a 4" plant pot holder (that can screw into a post or such) glued directly to the plexiglass side of the cage (you can probably magnet it from the outside if you have screen sides).
A standard 32oz plastic take out container fits in it and its high enough that crickets cant jump out.

IMG_4353.jpeg
IMG_4354.jpeg

i’m just worried he might not be able to catch his food
Using any one of the feeding stations available or making your own will help with that. Keep whatever you’re using in the same place and at a place where it is easily visible from basking area. They learn quickly where the food is.

Back
Top Bottom