3rd time egg laying

Her eye should not look like that. This can sometimes be linked to supplements and can me linked to an infection. I do not know a lot about this know. @snitz427 what do you think? I know yours had to do flushing due to an eye issue but I do not recall the details or if it looked like this.

@Gabriellehernandezxxx

Her eye def has an issue. The swelling like that can be from vit a issues or a general supplementation issue. It can cause a buildup of keratin in the corner of her eye and/or block the duct in the corner of her eye. It will only get worse.

I have a female who had the Same issue. A $50 vet visit and 15 mins - the vet was able to flush her eyes, remove the keratin debris, and meds. The first vet office wouldnt do it, even after 3 or 4 visits requesting it - so then I changed vets. I would insist on her eye getting flushed on the first visit - she should not need to be sedated for it.

Okay! I’ll call to get one. Do I request in the call for an eye flush?

Yes. They may choose to give her a Vit A shot, too, but let the vet decide if that is necessary. But yes, I would insist on a saline eye flush to clear out any potential debris in there. I'll see if I can find the link for you to another post that really details the issue and the procedure... but an experienced exotics / reptile vet should be able to identify the issue. The keratin build up is really common in leopard geckos, but for them it tends to cover the eye instead of gather in the corner. At least, that's what I've gathered from talking to the vets and doing some research...but I am not a vet. Just a keeper who had a similar issue.

Yes. They may choose to give her a Vit A shot, too, but let the vet decide if that is necessary. But yes, I would insist on a saline eye flush to clear out any potential debris in there. I'll see if I can find the link for you to another post that really details the issue and the procedure... but an experienced exotics / reptile vet should be able to identify the issue. The keratin build up is really common in leopard geckos, but for them it tends to cover the eye instead of gather in the corner. At least, that's what I've gathered from talking to the vets and doing some research...but I am not a vet. Just a keeper who had a similar issue.
Any info helps- even though I try to know as much as I can about my little one I feel like I ever do!

Still appearing dark in some areas though. I know I took this during the day when they tend to be darker, but she does still have black on the end of her tail when she sleeps, and top of her “crown” (not sure what it’s called). I can post a picture of her when she’s asleep if that would help
307F823D-E3AB-432C-99B1-852321062AEB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom