36" Light Fixture with 12% Arcadia Bulb

M getting the medium tall atrium dragonstrand. Assuming I’ll start my lights from scratch, and need a growing light for plants as well.., what’s my best setup?

There is only one local pet store by my house that mainly does fish and birds. The employees there are not the friendliest people to say the least.

The only other is petsmart and I'd rather not go there.

I'll stop there on my way home to see if they have them or can order me one.

I stopped at my one and only local pet store that we have besides Petco. I haven't been there for over 10 years back when I had my reef tank. The place is dirty and the staff are unfriendly, which made me remember why I stopped going there.

They had veiled chameleons for $70, but the sales enclosure wasn't setup correctly at all. There were plant lights right above the plants inside the cage, one cham was walking on the fixture. And a red basking light also burning the crap out of another cham. No mist system, it did have a water bottle dripper on top of the cage, but it didn't look like it was even dripping to me. Of course they have the ever popular cham kit sitting next to it. There was also a sign next to it saying they were selling Dubias 60 for $20.00 or 12 for $4.00.

They can order the 36x18x36 kit for me, but I just don't know if I want to deal with them.

I stopped at my one and only local pet store that we have besides Petco. I haven't been there for over 10 years back when I had my reef tank. The place is dirty and the staff are unfriendly, which made me remember why I stopped going there.

They had veiled chameleons for $70, but the sales enclosure wasn't setup correctly at all. There were plant lights right above the plants inside the cage, one cham was walking on the fixture. And a red basking light also burning the crap out of another cham. No mist system, it did have a water bottle dripper on top of the cage, but it didn't look like it was even dripping to me. Of course they have the ever popular cham kit sitting next to it. There was also a sign next to it saying they were selling Dubias 60 for $20.00 or 12 for $4.00.

They can order the 36x18x36 kit for me, but I just don't know if I want to deal with them.

View attachment 241756View attachment 241757View attachment 241758View attachment 241759

What's the price from them? Maybe tell them their Chams are not setup right? If it's a small businesses they may make changes. Do it politely of course.

They don't really need a mister. We suggest misters, as most ain't home everyday all day, and automation is good. But they have automation it's called employees lol.

There isn't anything really wrong with the red light. It's just overpriced, it does output more infrared than a regular bulb, and in that aspect it's good. That's why Halogens are only found in the red light, 2900kish range. That's their spectrum, which has lots of Infrared in it.

It does need to be on top of the cage, and they need a UVB up there too. However all said, I have seen worse. The only truly glaring issue is that basking light should be outside. Assuming they have a UV light.

A dripper doesn't need to run all day, some of the day is fine. As long as they mist 2x a day or so.

Last edited:
$360 for the enclosure. He told me that he actually has the stand for it in stock and would give me a price break if I bought both of them for $490

$360 for the enclosure. He told me that he actually has the stand for it in stock and would give me a price break if I bought both of them for $490
It is a good price for both... Might be something to consider. I think it is tough with Pet stores. I think it is mostly a lack of understanding of what they are selling. My mom and pop pet store is better then most. But I still over heard them selling a coil bulb because the person could not afford the T5. I think you have to take the good with the bad.

You would get the enclosure you want and the cabinet for the same price as what your finding just the exo online for. Might be worth it just to do it. My two cents though. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom