36" Light Fixture with 12% Arcadia Bulb

Yep that's the one. If you look them up on the Zoomed website they have more pictures and details and have a little product video that does a good job showing what they look like. Lots of other places sell them but Amazon had the best price so far and free next day shipping if you have Prime. And yes they have a single "slot" for the T5 bulb with a reflector and then the LED modules sit in a different compartment behind that. The fixtures are a little wide (8.5") if you're used to single bulb fixtures but that's for all your lighting other than a basking bulb and they have a pretty low profile which is nice. Not trying to push them on anyone or anything but they come in the size you need and are a pretty nice product in my experience. The only real downside is the LED modules aren't something that a lot of places sell but I found them online pretty easily for I think $8 a piece and they lasted around 1-1/2 - 2 years before they needed to be replaced which I thought was pretty good.

Ok break it down into simple terms for me. lol So no to this fixture with a 6%? Your going over my head with your intellect on this. lol

If single reflector, get 6%. At no point should you get a 12% with a single reflector(or just single hood) unless you have a meter. Hell if you get a dual with a mono reflector, and order 2 12% from todd, you will get warning labels all over the thing :)

If single reflector, get 6%. At no point should you get a 12% with a single reflector(or just single hood) unless you have a meter. Hell if you get a dual with a mono reflector, and order 2 12% from todd, you will get warning labels all over the thing :)
Ok perfect. Thank you. I thought I was understanding correctly but you know it so well it goes over my head sometimes. lol

How about we wheel and deal.

First, 34" T5 HO bulbs are very rare, most get either 22" or 46".

So...

If you get this:
https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Agrobrite-FLT48-Fluorescent-System/dp/B0031WU2ZM

I "feel" this is a higher quality hood vs todds. It has a very nice name brand balast, and it has individual reflectors, so you get double the light output vs todds mono reflector quads.

Then you can get 6% (or zoomed 5.0) and get a bit more UVB out of it vs a 12% in a mono reflector quad.

The hood comes with 4 6500k bulbs already (so should todds). Or, i use zoomed ultrasuns for my 6500k bulbs, they are in the fish tank section and last forever.
Ok I have another question. :) I am used to the 6500k daylights. This one you linked says 6400k bulbs. What is the difference?

Ok I have another question. :) I am used to the 6500k daylights. This one you linked says 6400k bulbs. What is the difference?

6500k is the color of noon day summer sun. Its code for "daylight" when you are bulb shopping. 6400k just means its a hair more red, no human could tell 6400k vs 6500k.

2000k is red like from a candle or fireplace

8000k is blue, like the new car headlights

6500k is the color of noon day summer sun. Its code for "daylight" when you are bulb shopping. 6400k just means its a hair more red, no human could tell 6400k vs 6500k.

2000k is red like from a candle or fireplace

8000k is blue, like the new car headlights
So would a chameleon have a harder time with a 6400k bulb?

So would a chameleon have a harder time with a 6400k bulb?

No. Pretty sure every animal on earth thinks 6400k-6600k looks the same. This is splitting hairs. Like it said the sun is only a perfect 6500k noon during summer. In the morning it will be lower than 6500k, and in the evening it will be lower than 6500k.

Beman will just have to suffer with 11:30am(or 12:30pm) day light vs noon :)

I wouldn't go with a quad anyway.

I would go with 2 duals, and sandwich your basking and maybe some LEDs in the center for better light spread, and better lighting on your sure to be bio walls.

If you go conventional wisdom, where do you out the basking? In the back, in the front? Your bulbs are out of center now, which is where they are designed to be. Flank duals around basking best bet IMO.

Even better, run a double cob for Plant lights, in a center rail with basking bulb in the middle. Flank the back with a UV single, and the front with a 6500k single.

Picking out light fixtures and bulbs is starting to stress me out, lol

Its like taking a test that you know your going to fail on.

Well, it looks like the $205 price for the Exo Terra 36x18x36 is too good to be true. Josh's frog just cancelled my order. I'm back to square one on ordering my enclosure setup.

Chameleonmom had a good idea. Also check CList/Facebook sale groups in your area.

I just missed one the other day, 150 used :(. I wrote the lady and she said someone else just swooped it, and it had been up for 3 weeks :(.

So I am going to check more often now lol.

On the flip side, ask Josh's what's the minium? Maybe buy 2 and sell them other on Facebook if that means you can get 1.

While your looking on CList and such, keep your eyes out for curio cabineta you can convert as well. The conversion is not that hard, it will look good and be tall and not need a stand. Alot of them have 3 sides glass including the doors. A little work, and you could get it cheaper and make it look like furniture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom