3 year old male veiled lumps on body and tail

The vet got back to me today and said his uric acid levels are twice as high as they should be. He said that it should be ~600 and its at 1200. He said the phosphorus level is slightly elevated and one of the liver levels is slightly elevated but he thinks that is because the muscle enzyme level is elevated. So basically he thinks that there is signs of gout/renal disease and that he thinks Allopurinol would be the best treatment but he needs to have it "compounded" or something first.

Interesting. Hope it works! I look forward to hearing a happy ending.

Curious though and I hope I don't come across as prying, but how much has all of those costed so far?

I am at about $600 now for just the vet bills. I still need to get the allopurinol when they can get it for me and an antibotic ointment for his tail as well. Ive been feeding him a bunch of soft foods like butterworms, silks and hornworms and that has been adding up too. I set up a gofundme account to help me out with all of these expenses. I actually just lost my job as well so its pretty rough for me but I love Eugene and I will do everything it takes for him to recover. Here the campaign if youre interested https://www.gofundme.com/cand8qfw

2 months later I am here to tell you guys Eugene is still fighting but the allopurinol doesn't seem to be working. His bumps are still growing, something to note is that they are along the tail, left side of the spine and along the left front arm and hands and no bumps are on the back left leg or anywhere on the right side. There is a new bump forming close to another one and the vet said he wants to do a biopsy of it when he can so we can figure out what is going on with him. He said the allopurinol is not going to remove the old bumps but should stop new ones from forming and he thinks that what Eugene has might be some sort of infection or parasitic problem. I have to bring in a stool sample and we will do a biopsy when he gets a chance (hopefully this week). In the meantime I was told to discontinue the medication and to keep a close eye on his swelling. He seems to have gullar edema but the vet said it feels like its full of air instead of fluid, this is all very strange and has rapidly been worsening. Despite his lumps and swelling my baby is still eating really well and showing great colours. The vet weighed him in at 350 grams which shocked both of us, 90g up from the last visit in mid-march, I suspect I may be overfeeding him and the edema might be adding extra weight. I am going really easy on the supplements and really upping my gut load game to hopefully fix the edema if its nutrition related. We are having nice sunny days in the warm ranges here in canada so I am trying to take all my reptiles out for some sun when its nice out.

Back
Top Bottom