26 Chameleons stolen from Kissimmee FL

Glad to see you were able to get a few back! I hope you are able to recover the rest soon.

well unless some more tips come up.. or someone sees them trying to sell any we don't have any more clues or leads. My fear is the ones i got back are in such poor condition the others are surely going to be dead soon as well.

Its heartbreaking to see what abuse they whet through in such a short time

I am glad to read you got some back. It makes me sad to here how they wore keep. I am very hopeful you will recover more. Most of all the perpetrator get caught.

Good Luck with your babies. I know they are happy to be home.

Unbelievable. So sorry for this, I can't imagine my little buddies being snatched from me, I would end up cracking some skulls.
The breeders are probably in bad shape but I doubt dead. What a shame and a horrible thing to happen. Wish I could help

The other bad part is that the one who initially stole them is still out there probably ready to steal them again.
Get cameras and flood lights and maybe an alarm system on your green house that you keep them in

The other bad part is that the one who initially stole them is still out there probably ready to steal them again.
Get cameras and flood lights and maybe an alarm system on your green house that you keep them in

we have plans to turn the greenhouse to ft knox.. until then the returned ones and the ones lucky enough o be left behind are not in there

I would have literally kicked the kids teeth in when I found the chams. He's lucky you were nice about it.
On the bright side you recovered some, hopefully one from each linage. Shame.

Most of this kids friends already have records for trespassing and other minimal charges so they would be in the system.

Not surprising. Too bad the police can't get a warrant for their text messages to each other. They'd get to the bottom of it real easy that way.

we have plans to turn the greenhouse to ft knox.. until then the returned ones and the ones lucky enough o be left behind are not in there

It's a shame you have to resort to such measures but I totally agree with your plan!!!!!

I would have literally kicked the kids teeth in when I found the chams. He's lucky you were nice about it.
On the bright side you recovered some, hopefully one from each linage. Shame.

The police where there...so it really wasnt that i was being nice. I was hoping the police would be able to find out where the others where....

Out of the 10... 6 where babies that where for sale, most of them are hurt pretty bad.... 2 are ambanja breeders ...a retired older ambilobe male breeder (who is not doing well I think the stress was very hard on him l). and my translucent female veiled .

I feel so sad they had to endure that. I'm so sorry for all of you. That's really terrible.

From previous communications and my common posts on your threads, you guys know I have always enjoyed you. But, you have to get cameras. My cameras are the D-Links which record to sdhc, pc, and let me live view on phone. I purchased mine the first week I started. Ones for outdoors and indoors. I let my 'trust worthy' neighbors (lived next to since 1989) know what I was breeding and how valuable they were. When we had our first round of burglaries here in 25 years, I moved my cages indoors immediately. If they were outside, I was outside. I actually kept a diary, to make sure everyone got their equal or needed time in the sun. I have now stuck to this method, since the burglaries were 'solved' but not really. Neighbors on either side of me got hit, thanks to the walkway between our houses. I am the only one who still cuts down the weeds, though. Unfortunately, only you can prevent the thefts and more than likely solve them. No one is going to help you, as I have learned in the past from being robbed before. It's basically a victimless crime (no one physically hurt), so no real effort is ever put forward. Good luck with the rest of them, and sorry for the tough love treatment at a crucial period. But viewing you'lls setup on your threads was a HUGE prewarning to me of the event that happened. Balance wanting to help the good, with possibly helping the bad. Again, truly sorry for event and my sounding like a parent. (Obviously I am a pessimist)

If I were you is also post this on fauna too. The more people that see this the better. You can never have enough people with there eyes open for you. Just like some of your chameleons I think the the person or persons responsible should have there limbs broken too.

You don't need to lecture me junglefires. I know exactly what the problem is. And we are already blaming ourselves for what happened and for whatever abuse the poor chameleons are going through. Half of me didn't even want to share what happened because I feel stupid. We had discussed getting security cameras just a few weeks beforehand ..but did not have a chance. Everything around her is slow going and I know Jason feels really bad since he had fully planned to implement several things but did not have the time to do so.

You don't need to lecture me junglefires. I know exactly what the problem is. And we are already blaming ourselves for what happened and for whatever abuse the poor chameleons are going through. Half of me didn't even want to share what happened because I feel stupid. We had discussed getting security cameras just a few weeks beforehand ..but did not have a chance. Everything around her is slow going and I know Jason feels really bad since he had fully planned to implement several things but did not have the time to do so.

Thank you being kind, while me being cruel. With all the work you'll had done, I naturally assumed you had cameras. I have always envied the gazebo, from the start. If you need help with cameras, pm me. I can attest to my camera's quality and models, and another friend of mine's pet store with full dvr and cameras security package (they have unreal clarity with theirs). Theirs was actually affordable and from an easy to access store. You can actually see the change in the cashiers hand. Good luck and my shovel awaits.

Theft and posting

I have been hesitant to post on this thread as it hits so close to home.
Let me start by saying how sorry I am ( for you and these magnificent chameleons ) on so many levels I can't begin to verbalize my feelings.
This should be a wake up call to EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM.
I have had to move my entire collection and facility to another undisclosed location due to some recent publicity both good and bad relating to a shipment we are doing.
Not only did we have to be concerned about theft but due to threats made it was necessary to do so.
I have a high tech security system,am very well connected with local law enforcement ( one son a lawyer another a Deputy Sheriff ) and have several friends that are in law enforcement.
Even with all that I felt it was in my family's best interest to move everything.
With that said if anyone enters my home while we are away they will find themselves in jail.

I post this in the hope others will think about what they show the world here or anywhere on the net but also in the hope that some will realize that things said about others can be harmful on many levels.

Again I'm very sorry for the loss you have had and also for the horrific treatment that these poor chams have been through.
Steve

This is such a bummer Dez, so sorry to hear. I'm hoping they are recovered!
I'd be happy to send you a pretty female to help you get started on your rebuilding process .

Send me a msg. anytime.

Jason

I am so sorry to hear this... My beloved panther boy Zeke is a Chamalot cham and I know how much you care for your chameleons. I truly hope you can get them back safely, I cannot imagine how you feel. :(

how bitter sweet - I am so glad you got some back, how sad to hear the condition of them - now back home, and your great care, I hope they will recover well - poor little chammys :( I will keep you all in my prayers and hope you find more of them

Back
Top Bottom