25 Dubia for the price of 5!

Vmag86

So today as I was about to feed one of the last of five big ol' Dubia I had bought for my panther, I noticed a bunch of baby Doobie's running all around the cage:eek: Cha Ching!!! One of those suckers shot out a bunch of little ones; they look like rollie pollies. Anyways, not knowing much about Dubia, I threw some bug burger in there for them and hope thats all they need to grow?

Furthermore:

How fast do they grow? Is there a preferable way to house them? What else do you know about Doobies? Is this freak'n sweet or what!?!

-Cheers

Thy are relatively slow growing. If you were feeding your cham full grown female dubia those little guys will take months. Real easy to keep, place in a container with some food, add some orange pieces along with heat and they will continue to grow ;-)

Thy are relatively slow growing. If you were feeding your cham full grown female dubia those little guys will take months. Real easy to keep, place in a container with some food, add some orange pieces along with heat and they will continue to grow ;-)

Thanks for the response. I have them in a cricket keeper, and here in San Diego its pretty warm right now. I'll throw in some orange peel and let them grow. I also have a female who would enjoy them not fully grown.

You will be waiting a few months before they are 1"+ in size. Generally it's 4-6 months from babies to adults. Sometimes as low as 3 (usually males).

Welcome to the greatest food source there is out there!

Dubia's are simply amazing. Here's some awesome dubia facts:

• They don't smell.
  • They grow slowly.
  • They reproduce quickly.
  • They're simple to take care of.
  • They don't make noise.
  • They won't infest your house.
  • And they are fantastically nutritious (better than crickets) for your Cham's.
  • ...and on and on and on. There's really not anything bad I can say about them.

Jump on youtube. There are tons of videos on how to care for them and how to keep a colony. If you're serious about keeping a colony, I would start with about 20 females, 4 males, and 50 nymphs or so.

Like everyone said before. They're slow growers, so it's about 6 months from baby to adult. So you definitely want a spread of different sized nymphs. That way they mature at different times and you have a steady flow of life cycle.

Welcome to the greatest food source there is out there!

Dubia's are simply amazing. Here's some awesome dubia facts:

• They don't smell.
  • They grow slowly.
  • They reproduce quickly.
  • They're simple to take care of.
  • They don't make noise.
  • They won't infest your house.
  • And they are fantastically nutritious (better than crickets) for your Cham's.
  • ...and on and on and on. There's really not anything bad I can say about them.

Jump on youtube. There are tons of videos on how to care for them and how to keep a colony. If you're serious about keeping a colony, I would start with about 20 females, 4 males, and 50 nymphs or so.

Like everyone said before. They're slow growers, so it's about 6 months from baby to adult. So you definitely want a spread of different sized nymphs. That way they mature at different times and you have a steady flow of life cycle.

the are not cannibals

Back
Top Bottom