25 Dubia for the price of 5!

Vmag86

So today as I was about to feed one of the last of five big ol' Dubia I had bought for my panther, I noticed a bunch of baby Doobie's running all around the cage:eek: Cha Ching!!! One of those suckers shot out a bunch of little ones; they look like rollie pollies. Anyways, not knowing much about Dubia, I threw some bug burger in there for them and hope thats all they need to grow?

Furthermore:

How fast do they grow? Is there a preferable way to house them? What else do you know about Doobies? Is this freak'n sweet or what!?!

-Cheers

Norcal55

Avid Member
Thy are relatively slow growing. If you were feeding your cham full grown female dubia those little guys will take months. Real easy to keep, place in a container with some food, add some orange pieces along with heat and they will continue to grow ;-)

Vmag86

Thy are relatively slow growing. If you were feeding your cham full grown female dubia those little guys will take months. Real easy to keep, place in a container with some food, add some orange pieces along with heat and they will continue to grow ;-)

Thanks for the response. I have them in a cricket keeper, and here in San Diego its pretty warm right now. I'll throw in some orange peel and let them grow. I also have a female who would enjoy them not fully grown.

Seiryu

Established Member
You will be waiting a few months before they are 1"+ in size. Generally it's 4-6 months from babies to adults. Sometimes as low as 3 (usually males).

kgallego

Welcome to the greatest food source there is out there!

Dubia's are simply amazing. Here's some awesome dubia facts:

• They don't smell.
  • They grow slowly.
  • They reproduce quickly.
  • They're simple to take care of.
  • They don't make noise.
  • They won't infest your house.
  • And they are fantastically nutritious (better than crickets) for your Cham's.
  • ...and on and on and on. There's really not anything bad I can say about them.

Jump on youtube. There are tons of videos on how to care for them and how to keep a colony. If you're serious about keeping a colony, I would start with about 20 females, 4 males, and 50 nymphs or so.

Like everyone said before. They're slow growers, so it's about 6 months from baby to adult. So you definitely want a spread of different sized nymphs. That way they mature at different times and you have a steady flow of life cycle.

Yak

Welcome to the greatest food source there is out there!

Dubia's are simply amazing. Here's some awesome dubia facts:

• They don't smell.
  • They grow slowly.
  • They reproduce quickly.
  • They're simple to take care of.
  • They don't make noise.
  • They won't infest your house.
  • And they are fantastically nutritious (better than crickets) for your Cham's.
  • ...and on and on and on. There's really not anything bad I can say about them.

Jump on youtube. There are tons of videos on how to care for them and how to keep a colony. If you're serious about keeping a colony, I would start with about 20 females, 4 males, and 50 nymphs or so.

Like everyone said before. They're slow growers, so it's about 6 months from baby to adult. So you definitely want a spread of different sized nymphs. That way they mature at different times and you have a steady flow of life cycle.

the are not cannibals

Top Bottom