Not eating quite enough?

I do think @CamoChameleonsHuman is spot on though. I think you need a cool mist humidifier in the room that Pesto is in. To increase the overall room humidity and decrease the misting length.
I'll move our humidifier in to his room! We are also starting to get more in to our spring summer weather so I am probably going to need to adjust everything AGAIN, but whatever for my baby boy :LOL: :love:

I'll move our humidifier in to his room! We are also starting to get more in to our spring summer weather so I am probably going to need to adjust everything AGAIN, but whatever for my baby boy :LOL: :love:
It is funny because I thought my daughter took over my life when I had her. But I gotta say Beman is right up there in comparison to the effort and money it takes to raise a child. So now between my daughter and Beman I have no life of my own :hilarious: Everything revolves around their needs.

Ok hun so there is not much to point out here.. But see my comments in red bold. :)

• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Humidity is rough man! During the day it fluctuates between 25-50% and at night I use a fogger from 12am-5am and it gets more around 60-70%. If I notice the humidity is low I manually mist. I am really thinking your gauges are off.... With how often you are misting and the length of time along with the way you have clear filmed almost all panels I would really expect your levels to sit higher. I am not certain what a Panther needs for daytime levels. I know a Veiled needs a daytime level of 30-50% max. Would be interested in others feedback on this.

I will chime in that humidity is indeed rough in Denver, especially when furnaces are running. I have my mist king going off every 2-3 hours for 3-4 minutes (plus one 5 minute session) and the enclosure, including branches, are definitely drying out completely between sessions, it's crazy. I also have covered 3 of my screen panels with plexi. At night, I have a fogger running most of the night on medium and I get 80-95% humidity only because I wrap the enclosure in black-out cloth which keeps the fog in.

I will chime in that humidity is indeed rough in Denver, especially when furnaces are running. I have my mist king going off every 2-3 hours for 3-4 minutes (plus one 5 minute session) and the enclosure, including branches, are definitely drying out completely between sessions, it's crazy. I also have covered 3 of my screen panels with plexi. At night, I have a fogger running most of the night on medium and I get 80-95% humidity only because I wrap the enclosure in black-out cloth which keeps the fog in.
I think you're the one that gave me most of the suggestions for helping with humidity, because we pretty much match

I think you're the one that gave me most of the suggestions for helping with humidity, because we pretty much match

My little guy was also slow to settle in and really eat much. He took a good 4-5 weeks to really settle down, it was super stressful! Now he eats like I champ. He'll hand feed, hunt, cup feed, eat right in front of me, eat everything I offer (except roaches). He eats tons now but it was slow at first. Hang in there!

My little guy was also slow to settle in and really eat much. He took a good 4-5 weeks to really settle down, it was super stressful! Now he eats like I champ. He'll hand feed, hunt, cup feed, eat right in front of me, eat everything I offer (except roaches). He eats tons now but it was slow at first. Hang in there!
Thank you for that! I've been trying to be patient and give him time but every day that he doesnt eat well makes me more and more stressed! He is still active though and has the cutest little plump tummy so I try to keep myself from worrying :LOL:

Thank you for that! I've been trying to be patient and give him time but every day that he doesnt eat well makes me more and more stressed! He is still active though and has the cutest little plump tummy so I try to keep myself from worrying :LOL:
I totally get it. I was moving the feeder run all around looking for the right place for him to see it but it not fill up with water from mistings, holding worms in front of him until my arm felt like it was going to fall off, trying different worm-proof cups, trying different feeding times and qtys, trying every type of feeder I could find, going home at lunch to check on him and to see how many feeders he had left at noon. Unbelievably stressful! But he settled down eventually, no longer seemed terrified of me, and started eating really well and growing.

I totally get it. I was moving the feeder run all around looking for the right place for him to see it but it not fill up with water from mistings, holding worms in front of him until my arm felt like it was going to fall off, trying different worm-proof cups, trying different feeding times and qtys, trying every type of feeder I could find, going home at lunch to check on him and to see how many feeders he had left at noon. Unbelievably stressful! But he settled down eventually, no longer seemed terrified of me, and started eating really well and growing.
It's good to know he should grow out of it :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom