2024 Chameleon Goals?

elizaann2

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello Chamily!

I thought this would be fun to share. What are your chameleon goals for 2024? Mine are below :)

1- Finish my chameleon room
2 - Learn to do my own fecals
3 - Make at least 2 outdoor enclosures
4 - HOPEFULLY build (thinking it will be a fun project with my dad), if not build then purchase enclosures for my future O'Shaughnessy Chameleon breeding project
5 - Breed at least 2 staple bugs
6 - Once my chameleon room is done, make all my adult enclosures bio-active

Can't wait to hear about everyone else's goals!! Happy New Year everyone!

:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Need to get Bart and Mango set up in double sized enclosures.
Need to improve at remembering to water the plants in the enclosures and the back up plants.
Maybe try grasshoppers as feeders…maybe try breeding them if not too icky.
Always continue learning more.

No huge chameleon goals for me. Until I buy a house in a few years I am determined not to get any more chams.

Soooo I am going to enjoy my Beman. He is getting older and I have learned the last 5 years in this forum that you never know how much time you have with them.

Continue to grow the social media accounts on FB and Instagram for the forum. Continue to engage our community in the posting I do for the forum. For example using forum member pics as good morning posts.

World domination on all chams having B names. :hilarious: And of course continue to enable others to have more chams in their chamily as I live vicariously through yall.

And last but not least continue to learn and grow within this hobby. This is one thing that never stays stagnant. There is always more to learn, understand, and pass on to help others.

Great idea @elizaann2 !

I like to be cautious with goals

Figure out if I can logistically take on a 6th reptile without reducing care quality and can afford everything without over extending myself.

I think I like the idea of another chameleon, but I’m also still at the very tail end of my current and only chameleon’s health getting in order so we will see :)

I’m still looking into locales, species and everything. I’ve built all my other reptile enclosures so I’m also exploring that option 😁

Spend more time with Raistlin... He is almost 6 now and is showing signs of age. Life gets in the way of the important things and we need to do our best to prioritize things.

I would like to dedicate more time here on the forums like I used to, but again, life gets in the way. Most times I read, but do not get involved in threads because I can't say engaged during threads.

There’s not much I can do but here is my goals

1. Get college dorms figured out and hopefully get Nachito legally into my dorm
2. Get Nachito through this laying period
3. Get Nachito through her medication stuff
4. Work harder on humidity in the enclosure
5. Maybe learn more about chameleons and be more confident to help others with husbandry?

Great idea @elizaann2 !

I like to be cautious with goals

Figure out if I can logistically take on a 6th reptile without reducing care quality and can afford everything without over extending myself.

I think I like the idea of another chameleon, but I’m also still at the very tail end of my current and only chameleon’s health getting in order so we will see :)

I’m still looking into locales, species and everything. I’ve built all my other reptile enclosures so I’m also exploring that option 😁
I love that @naterowley!! You have done such a good job with your cham. Its been nice to see him improve under your care.

Oh! Get ready for a list!

Processing:
Doing my one fecal tests. (I've done two)
Breeding horn worms (not going so well)

Planing to do
Build another enclosure, possibly bioactive.
Get another chameleon (near the end of the year)
Help a lot more people at petco/pets mart when they say "this one" to an 50% off sick cham (and tell them that the chameleon kit is a waste. Unless sits neptunes)
Watch a lot more podcasts, especially chameleons and coffee.

2024 Goals:
Complete my reptile room
Keep my current boys healthy
Get another cham (or 2 hehe)

Continue to learn and help others on the forum
Expand my feeder breeding projects to include silkies
Win 1st prize in a monthly photo contest even though I suck at taking pictures 😁

2024 Goals:
Complete my reptile room
Keep my current boys healthy
Get another cham (or 2 hehe)

Continue to learn and help others on the forum
Expand my feeder breeding projects to include silkies
Win 1st prize in a monthly photo contest even though I suck at taking pictures 😁
I am here for any enabling should you need it 😂

5. Maybe learn more about chameleons and be more confident to help others with husbandry?
Awwwww college dorms! Why did you grow up so fast lol. ❤️

How did I miss your goals earlier? I’m sorry about that! I love your goals 🥰. I hope you can bring her into your dorm with you. Please let us know!

My goals, hmmmm.
1. Replace the mesh on the enclosures that the darn crickets have bitten thru, so I can minimize having crickets everywhere. One actually hitch hiked with me on my motorcycle to work. Lol
A full grown silk worm did the same w my husband, and a homebuyer saw it sitting on his jacket, too funny.
2. Figure out how to have successful batch of silkworms everything I hatch eggs, so sick of them dying around 2 weeks old, just lost 2000 again, arghhh
3. Continue my grasshopper breeding project, hoping for a bunch of babies any day now.
4. Continue finding great caretakers for my babies, everybody so far are really doing such a great job, I love this forum.
5. Find more hours. Time just flies too fast.
6. Have one or some of my pictures in the calendar. 😇

My goals, hmmmm.
1. Replace the mesh on the enclosures that the darn crickets have bitten thru, so I can minimize having crickets everywhere. One actually hitch hiked with me on my motorcycle to work. Lol
A full grown silk worm did the same w my husband, and a homebuyer saw it sitting on his jacket, too funny.
2. Figure out how to have successful batch of silkworms everything I hatch eggs, so sick of them dying around 2 weeks old, just lost 2000 again, arghhh
3. Continue my grasshopper breeding project, hoping for a bunch of babies any day now.
4. Continue finding great caretakers for my babies, everybody so far are really doing such a great job, I love this forum.
5. Find more hours. Time just flies too fast.
6. Have one or some of my pictures in the calendar. 😇
Oh man! The calendar goal too! I hope to have a photo place in a contest again this year :D

Back
Top Bottom