2010 Madagascar Trip

Chad, if you pay for part of my trip, you can rest assured that Darci would be safe with me.... :p

Well, as had been said I will 95% sure not be able to make the trip, however if you are on the fence about going and a few hundred bucks would make a difference then I would not mind kicking it in, as you along with a few others are whom I would trust tag’n along with the ol ball n’chain. Plus im sure Darci would like to have another lone woman to tag around with. Consider the trip. =)

Well, as had been said I will 95% sure not be able to make the trip, however if you are on the fence about going and a few hundred bucks would make a difference then I would not mind kicking it in, as you along with a few others are whom I would trust tag’n along with the ol ball n’chain. Plus im sure Darci would like to have another lone woman to tag around with. Consider the trip. =)

Thanks! I will take that as a compliment...:D (oh, and yes I was serious about that, too...) Believe me, if money was not a concern right now I would commit to going right here and now, but I'll have to do some figuring and see. Yeah - and it was all I could do to take a few days off for Daytona....my boss would freak if I was gone that long. What can I say, the guy can't live without me... ;)

Hey, didn't someone say "fundraiser"? lol :)

Attachments

• parsoni.jpg
    parsoni.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 116
  • jurassic1.jpg
    jurassic1.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 136
Thanks! I will take that as a compliment...:D (oh, and yes I was serious about that, too...) Believe me, if money was not a concern right now I would commit to going right here and now, but I'll have to do some figuring and see. Yeah - and it was all I could do to take a few days off for Daytona....my boss would freak if I was gone that long. What can I say, the guy can't live without me... ;)

That would be a lot of fun if you went too Julie!! If I can't have my hubby around then I just want to make sure I have some other friends going with me. It would be super awesome. As long as it's after March 20 because my sister gets married that day...and then I'd be missing my other close friend's wedding on April 10 but that's not AS BIG a deal as my sisters. So ya...we'll just have to see when the $$ will be needed by and when we'd need to give a for sure answer. It would be an awesome trip though! :)

Hey, didn't someone say "fundraiser"? lol :)

You could always ask for donations from family members and such I suppose! LoL

(Sorry, all of this was posted under Chad but it's Darci...I didn't realize it was his name logged in!)

Hi my Name is Thorsten,
and I am the Touroperator for this Chameleon-Tour. if Someone need
more Informations about this Tour can ask me.
I go next Week for 6 Weeks to Madagascar, and then its hard to answer your
Questions...
I start with some Informations about the Chameleon-Tour 2010
- Start is last Week in March
- 3 Weeks of Travel

1. We start our Tour in Maroantsetra/Masoala

- Here we try to find the biggest of all Chameleons, the Calumma parsonii.
- also we try to find the Brookesia vadonii
- for sure different Colourmorphs of Furcifer pardalis

Attachments

• nosy mangabe.jpg
    nosy mangabe.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 123
  • parsoni1.jpg
    parsoni1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 147
  • parsoni2.jpg
    parsoni2.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 133
Hallo Forumers,
on Monday i start my Tour around Madagascar. I hope i see some of you Guys
on the Jurassic-Tour (Chameleon-Tour 2010)
Here are the Destinations of the Jurassic-Tour
Masoala (good for pardalis, parsonii)-Tamatave (good for pardalis and oustaletti)-Manambato(kings lake)- Andasibe (good for Cal.parsonii christiferum, Brevicornis,Nasutum,Spercilliaris, Dentalis)- Voizazana (good for Parsonii and Gallus)- Voimana (good for Cal-Furcifer, Cuculatum,Gallus Parsonii)-Ranomafana (good for Oushagnessy, Nasutum...)

these are only some of the Chameleons that we can see (with little Luck)
on the Jurassic-Tour...
I hope for few very rare Chameleon-Species. If someone whant to go with us on Tour can sen me Mail and can get more Informations about our Tour
The Tourprice is normaly 2200,-€ (without Airfairs) but if the Tour is more then 10 Persons the th Price go down...

Price contained benefits:

-Transportation by car and boat on Madagascar (no flights!)
-all accommodation during the tour (Hotels, Bungalows, Lodges )
-entrance fees for every destination and/or national parks
-Tourguides for the hole journey
-Chauffeur, vehicles (incl. gasoline)
-Harbour fees
-Camping equipment (without sleeping bag and sleeping pad)
-Local Forest Guides
-Travel-money safety insurance

Attachments

• gecko1.jpg
    gecko1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 99
  • pardalis2.jpg
    pardalis2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 121
  • rano1.jpg
    rano1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 136
  • ranomafana1.jpg
    ranomafana1.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 129
Jurassic Tour - Return to the isle of dragons

In the end of March 2010 we are going to do our third chameleon tour. We have added some new content to the first one and optimised existing destinations. We have added the rainforests of Ranomafana to our Destinations. That’s where we have got the chance to see some other very rare chameleons. The Price stays the same although there a lot more destinations. This extraordinary journey is for all who are interested in the world of the Madagascan reptiles and amphibians.

start of the Tour is on : 28 March -17.April

More Infos: http://www.tanalahorizon.com/index.php?id=19&L=1
i put more Details and Photos in in the next Days...
For Informations you can write me an Mail to [email protected]

Attachments

• jurassic5.jpg
    jurassic5.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 137
  • jurassic7.jpg
    jurassic7.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 158
  • home1.jpg
    home1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 153
My brother and I have been planning to go for a long time and have got some chameleon keeper friends that would probably be interest. We are planning to go around 2012 though after I finally earn my degree.

Thanks! I appreciate that. I'm looking forward to going herping in Madagascar sometime soon I hope. I have got some herp colleagues that I'm going to have to rally when I eventually make the trip.

Has anyone in any of your expeditions ever seen or photographed a Calumma capuroni, Furcifer bifidus, or Furcifer balteatus?

The pistures of your trips look awesome!

Hey MotherLoad,
yes we see Balteatus... the capuronis is in the Forest of south-east around 100 kilometers from Fort dauphin... i have no pics of this (at the moment;-)
and the area of bifidus we go on the next tour..also balteatus..we can see it near Ranomafana...
maby i do a list from chameleons what we hope to see on the next tour... i never promise to see them, but we have very good guides and the chance is
good to see a lot of very rare chameleons...
For the nxt Tour i hgope that we see different clourmorphs of Parsoni.

if you have more questions no Problem....

Attachments

• balteatus.jpg
    balteatus.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 146
Info for the Softdrink addicted People... its always possible to get Coke
on Tour ;-)

in Middle of November i arrange the Flights for Madagascar...
for People who are intersted can contact me: [email protected]

also for Questions about the Tour.:)

Attachments

• abendessen1.jpg
    abendessen1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 160
  • home-alex.jpg
    home-alex.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 128
  • thielii-masoala.jpg
    thielii-masoala.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 145
Today i got this Informations about our next Tour from the Touroperator
its split of in 3 Parts

Jurassic Tour 2010
Chameleo Expedition – Return to the Island of the Dragons

Dear Chameleonfriends,
our planning for our next Chamäleon Tour is finally, now wants to order the Flights. We need still another few Customers to get the cheaper flight-tariff. Who interest in this Expedition around the Lizards of MADAGASCAR has should itself as fast as possible with us under: [email protected]
announce. With this first “Special-Newsletter we whant to give more Details of this extraodenary Expedition.
This route is dedicated to the rare Chameleonspecies such as Calumma parsonii, Furcifer bifidus and many other Chameleonspecies.

With thermal hygrometer, GPS and further aids we try to collect as much as possible data, us in the future with the care of reptiles and amphibians to be helpful are.

Route plan: Stage 1

MASOALA
We start our journey like always in Antananarivo, after our arrival in the capital of Madagascar go it directly via inland flight after Masoala. Here we can akomodation ourselves only times. On the next morning it goes then with boats on the Masoala peninsula. Here we camp a few days and can investigate the close-convenient national park. During this journey we try to find as much as possible color variants of Calumma parsonii and also to Furcifer pardalis. Also the Pigmy-Chams of the kind Brookesia plays a large role. These kinds are maintained more rarely in domestic Terras, however we would like to collect data also for these Chameleons as much as possible.
To the stay in the Masoala national park goes it on the small Island Nosy Manabe. This Island is covered, here with untouched rain forest is beside the Pantherchamaleon some most interesting Chameleons as to be found also the Leaftail-Gekko (Uroplatus fimbriatus). Also on this Island we camp, in order to take the day more exactly and night-active animals in inspection. To this stay it goes back to Maroantsetra. From here we will make as Bonusprogam still another Aye Aye (finger animal) for Exkursion. With night excursion approximately around Maroantsetra we want to look for and hopefully also find naturally also the famous tomato frog (Discophis antongilii).

Destination: Masoala

Excursion: Masoala Penisuala NP
Exkursion: Nosy Mangabe
Exkursion: Aye Aye
Exkursion: Nocturnal Amphibians and Reptiles

We are to be organized thereby the flights to Madagascar. We try a group tariff for the flights Paris-Antananarivo-Paris to be received as also for the Domestic flights. For this it is to be registered necessarily promptly at us. Also for the guests from the USA or Scandinavia we can organize the flights starting from Paris (external achievements) for further questions approximately around this Expedition to be available we you at any time also by telephone: 0049 (0) 203,289 69 17
Or you get information under: [email protected]

For Travel-Impressions receive you under: http://www.tanalahorizon.com/index.php?id=19

Attachments

• OC-masoala-pardalis1.jpg
    OC-masoala-pardalis1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 115
  • OC-Tomato-Frog1.jpg
    OC-Tomato-Frog1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 134
  • OC-camp2.jpg
    OC-camp2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 135
Are the Giant Yellow or Honey Parsons that you've seen on your Madagascar expeditions protected by any kind of park or preserve? They show a picture of one on one of your links.

You can see the parsons Chameleon (yellow Giant) in Mandraka Farm, but that not what we prefer... we have a Place thats not a Nationalpark and there you can see the Yellow Giant in Wildlife...
Its hard to find them, but we have a very good Local Guide there who help us to find them... also bifidus is in this Area and i hope to find them on our next Expedition in March...

info about the Expedition next Year:

Stage 2:

LOW-Land Rainforest & MOUNTAIN RAINFORESTS OF EAST MADAGASCAR
We fly from Maroantsetra to the port Tamatave, and drive direct far to the lake of the kings. Here we stay overnight 2 nights and after a trip on the Canal de Pangalanes a private nature park will visit, by being able to meet the Pantherchameleon in an extremely beautiful color variant beside many Lemuren also. To the stay at the lake of the kings we drive into the mountain wet forests from Andasibe. We become beside the Analamazaotra National Park, which admits for its Indris (largest Lemuren) is also two still unknown ranges of this rain forest region visits. These Destinations are special für Reptiles and Amphibians. Beside the Yellow Giant Parsonii come here also Calumma gallus, cuculatum, bifidus, malthe, brevicornis and naturally nasutum like also some other Chameleonspecies forwards.

Destination: East coast and östl. High country
Excursion ions: Park Privee
Exkursion: Analamazaotra
Exkursion: Voimana
Exkursion: Voizazana

Here is a Video-Clip to see whats going on on Our Tours....

http://www.tanalahorizon.com/index.php?id=45&L=1&tx_bddbflvvideogallery_pi1[video]=0

Let me rephase; those who don't go.

I have people who help out, but who have little to no interest in the chameleons I keep. My son being one of them. He's into girls and video games at age 16.

I have been know to go up to three days without a soda while on vacation. Coke and Pepsi are my coffee. I take my caffeine cold.

Steve I am here for you. One flight down if you need me.:)

Back
Top Bottom