2 month old Veild

Azorian

Hi Guys

I'm a new vield cham owner for a 2 weeks now! So far he has only eaten small crickets. When should I start adding more to his menu?
The local pet store has superworms, earthworms, silkworms, etc...??
When do chams experience their first shedding??
Newbie Dad

I'm starting to max out how many pics I can upload! I'm slowing down with the pics! lol

hahaha...I think most people have more pics of their cham then they do their kids...LOL! Anyhow, the rule of thumb for offering food is that it can't be larger then the space between your cham's eyes.

I would say baby crickets are your safest bet. I gave my baby veiled a really small meal worm some time ago and it was hard for him to get down. Crickets may get boring after a little while but they will eat them if they are hungry.

I would say baby crickets are your safest bet. I gave my baby veiled a really small meal worm some time ago and it was hard for him to get down. Crickets may get boring after a little while but they will eat them if they are hungry.

when is it safe to start feeding worms, and what worms at first?

Phoenix worms are small enough. I use Blue bottle flies but you can get houseflies also, they are smaller. I tried flies after reading a little about them. They are easy to use and the chams go crazy for them.

If your pet store has smallish silkworms, that'd be great for him. Mealworms are usually not recommended because of too much chitin. SUPERworms however, are better than the mealworms regarding chitin content. But watch out, some people claim their chameleons get hooked on supers & that's all they want! :eek:

Or... get some dubia roaches! :D

Back
Top Bottom