2 month old girl veiled dying, help!

awesomesucram

Your Chameleon - Transluscent veild, girl, 2 months, got it for 5days.
Feeding - crickets, gut loaded with carrots, never seen it eat though..
Supplements - Calcium daily, with D3 twice every month.
Watering - Misting, never saw her drink.
Fecal Description - Never seen her poop.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - zoomed reptibreeze small, transfered her to a tiny cage because of her sickness.
Lighting - UVA UVB
Temperature - 80-85
Humidity - 60%
Plants - all fake plants in the tiny cage
Placement - on my desk currently.

Current Problem - 3 days ago I saw her eyes closed when basking and her eyes have been shut all day long since yesterday, even when I take her out of the cage trying to feed her some water. She wouldnt even move and she have been staying at the bottom of the cage the whole day and I had to transfer her to a smaller cage. She is extremely weak now and wouldnt eat/drink/open her eyes, anyone help me ??

06112012799.jpg

06112012800.jpg

What size crickets are you offering her? They need to be very small for a baby. General rule is no longer than the space between your chams eyes.

I'm so sorry your girl isn't well :(

She doesn't look good and since you've only had her 5 days I suspect you were given an already sick cham. 2 months is too young, most people here will recommend buying one no younger than 3 months because the first weeks are most crucial for their health.

I don't know if it's because she's a translucent but that dark patch around her head and eyes looks like it could be an injury. Also she is very very pale in colour on her body, which again, could either be because she's sick or it could be because of her morph.

My suggestion is a good vet ASAP. I don't think there's anything you did wrong but there's also nothing much you can do to make her better at home.

Again I'm so sorry for you both.

Then I agree with AngieL - get her to a good reptile vet. If she has been offered proper feeders, there is something more serious going on. Chams that young should have a voracious appetite. It is hard to tell from the photos and because of her morph if there is something obvious (and at second look, that dark area around her head/eyes does not look right), but she was likely sick when you got her. Sorry to hear about this. I hope she's OK!

The shape and color of her head looks very odd to me. Did it look like this when you first got her? I would be on the phone to the breeder ASAP, get her to a vet ASAP, but I am not optimistic. So sorry!

Back
Top Bottom