2 chameleons,same problems!

snipeusa14

Established Member
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?Mellers chameleon.i have had him since last years daytona expo..so about 7 months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?VERY rarely! only time i handle him is when he gets off him free range and goes for an adventure
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?i feed him silkies,crix,and hornedworms,mostly i do 10 crix and a few silkies and or horned worms,yes i gutload my feeders
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? repashy all in one everyday
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? im using aquazamp and it runs 6 -8 times a day for 2 minutes
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? hes consistent same color fecal everytime ,and no he hasnt been tested for paracites,i realy should though
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:its a free range ill post pics
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? zoomed 75w basking bulb,exoterra 5.0 uvb tube
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? temps range from 73-89 degrees but since its a free range its ambient is around 78F,i measure temps with a zoomed digital temp reader
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? low 40% high 70% ,using aquazamp every few hours,using zoomed digital temp reader
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? 4-6 giant pothos
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? downstairs room no trafic hardly any,fans and vents but fan never turns on and vent is on other side of the room the free range is about 4 1/2 feet off the
Location - Where are you geographically located? south florida,USA

problem with him is he has his right eye closed,idk why i tried upping the mist but didnt work,it almost looks like if he tries to open his eye it hurts him,ill post pics

Attachments

• 20120516_073333.jpg
    20120516_073333.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 20120516_073707.jpg
    20120516_073707.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 127
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? ambanja male panther chameleon been in my care for 7 months, hes a year old
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? when ever he dicides to come out ill take him out usualy 1 -2 times a week
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? 10 crix plus snaks here and there meal worms silkies and hornworms
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? repashy all in one everyday
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i water him with aquazamp 6-8 times a day for 2 minutes at a time and yes i do see him drink
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? ;normal colors brownish fecal and white urate a little orange
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? screen with a large reptibreeze setup
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? reptisun 5.0 uvb tube with zoomed 75w basking bulb
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? normal temp 84F max 95F.....zoomed temp read(digital)
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? normal 51% humidity and max around 60% i use zoomed temp reader(digital)
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? using live plants but i forgot which ones ill post pics
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? downstairs room hardly any traffic vents anf fans but fan never on and vent on other side of room
Location - Where are you geographically located?
south florida

he has the same problem as my meller but he opens his left eye sometimes but mostly its closed,,,not sunken in just closed idk wtf is going on this happened recently after his shed

Attachments

• 20120516_073519.jpg
    20120516_073519.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20120516_073717.jpg
    20120516_073717.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? ambanja male panther chameleon been in my care for 7 months, hes a year old
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? when ever he dicides to come out ill take him out usualy 1 -2 times a week
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? 10 crix plus snaks here and there meal worms silkies and hornworms
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i water him with aquazamp 6-8 times a day for 2 minutes at a time and yes i do see him drink
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? ;normal colors brownish fecal and white urate a little orange

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? screen with a large reptibreeze setup
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? reptisun 5.0 uvb tube with zoomed 75w basking bulb
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? normal temp 84F max 95F.....zoomed temp read(digital)
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? normal 51% humidity and max around 60% i use zoomed temp reader(digital)
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? using live plants but i forgot which ones ill post pics
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? downstairs room hardly any traffic vents anf fans but fan never on and vent on other side of room
Location - Where are you geographically located?
south florida

he has the same problem as my meller but he opens his left eye sometimes but mostly its closed,,,not sunken in just closed idk wtf is going on this happened recently after his shed

If you are using the repashy all in one EVERYDAY, you are probably oversupplementing them. I have never used repashy but I have heard of it. Which formula are you using exactly? The calcium plus? I don't know other people experiences with the repashy for everyday use in chameleons but it seems to me that giving D3 PLUS vitamin A everyday is a disaster in the making :confused: Vitamin A overdoses can cause eye issues so I would look into that, everything else looks fine.

One of my chams has one eye closed too. If you figure out a solution please post. I have never met or heard of a vet in Korea that treats reptiles. So I don't really have the option. Good luck and post any tips you have if they get better.

One of my chams has one eye closed too. If you figure out a solution please post. I have never met or heard of a vet in Korea that treats reptiles. So I don't really have the option. Good luck and post any tips you have if they get better.

You should start your own thread and fill out the help form like this person did, there are many factors that can contribute to eye issues and yours may not necessarily be the same as theirs.

If you are using the repashy all in one EVERYDAY, you are probably oversupplementing them. I have never used repashy but I have heard of it. Which formula are you using exactly? The calcium plus? I don't know other people experiences with the repashy for everyday use in chameleons but it seems to me that giving D3 PLUS vitamin A everyday is a disaster in the making :confused: Vitamin A overdoses can cause eye issues so I would look into that, everything else looks fine.

I use the repashy all in one calcium plus daily on my young veileds and panthers, every other day on adults that are fed on that schedule and once or twice a week on my melleri and jackson's.

I have been using it for several months with no issues.

I use the repashy all in one calcium plus daily on my young veileds and panthers, every other day on adults that are fed on that schedule and once or twice a week on my melleri and jackson's.

I have been using it for several months with no issues.

If your only using it once a week on your Melleri, and they are using it daily, couldn't that be the issue?

just got back from vet he said theres nothing seriously wrong with him,he said i should up my misting,the funny part is i got to the vet and he started acting normal both eyes wide open and active as hell! so we'll see how this next week goes :) you guys think 7 times a day for 2minutes each is good enough or should i set my timer for more?

thank god everything is ok with reptar :)

just got back from vet he said theres nothing seriously wrong with him,he said i should up my misting,the funny part is i got to the vet and he started acting normal both eyes wide open and active as hell! so we'll see how this next week goes :) you guys think 7 times a day for 2minutes each is good enough or should i set my timer for more?

thank god everything is ok with reptar :)

I mist less often but for longer times. Veileds panthers and jacksons get misted 2-3 times daily for 10-20 minutes. melleri get misted for up to an hour at a time.

any time i feel there is or could be an eye issue i shower or increase mistings. i have found that usually clears it up.

If your only using it once a week on your Melleri, and they are using it daily, couldn't that be the issue?

I've found that increasing mistings and/or showing clears up minor eye issues. sometimes they just get something in their eye or maybe irritate it. mine get misted for longer times than it seems most do and I notice they spend a lot of time cleaning their eyes some days ... . I've only had eye issues with recent acquistions and found the problem cleared up on it's own with nice long showers and mistings.

Back
Top Bottom