1st day with our new Panther

Damus

Today my girlfriend and I brought home our new friend! A couple weeks ago i put up a post asking some members to sex our panther, and comes to find out we had a little girl and we thought we had a boy the whole time! The pet store wasn't much help in the situation, so ever since this whole ordeal we have been on the search for a male panther chameleon.

Today that happened, with the help of a fellow member on the forums (Ibleedcloors). It just so happens that we live in the same part of Texas and i was able to go over and pick up our little guy!

He is gorgeous and has a ton of color and exactly what we were looking for. After getting used to his cage, drinking a whole lot, and eating some crickets he finally started to chill out and show us some color. I had the camera ready :D i also just snapped another one while he was sleeping, i couldn't resist. Hope you enjoy, and again a huge thanks to Ibleedcolors.

SAM_0657-1.jpg

SAM_0661-1.jpg

I'm sure there will be :D sad to see the little guy go! But I need to fix my windshield before I head out to Tennessee! Thanks again.

I just held that little one today too!! You have a great cham Damus... Enjoy cuz he was REALLY friendly when I held him :)

I just held that little one today too!! You have a great cham Damus... Enjoy cuz he was REALLY friendly when I held him :)

Thanks sean, he has been very friendly with us too, well maybe a little more on the timid side but hes warmin up to us.

Glad you got what you wanted, and it's nice to think that this forum is such a massive help in sorting out more pet shop ineptitude. I really didn't realise how bad some of the other stories are in the us until I joined here...anyway, I shouldn't be negative on this thread 'cos he's just so sweet. so make sure you keep posting pictures of him growing and I may yet be persuaded to get panthers instead of quads when I get more :)

Its not our first day anymore, but i was bored so i thought i would update this post with some more pics of our guy. We dont have any East/west windows except for one, so we took them out of their cages for some sun in the window. Couple of his younger GF too, in the 2nd picture or her shes lookin right at him and puffing up a little, but he doesnt seam bothered or even interested in her like shes not even there, they are still young though. Well, hope you enjoy. Thanks again Ibleedcolors we love him!

SAM_0673-2.jpg

SAM_0680-1.jpg

SAM_0669-1.jpg

SAM_0678-1.jpg

Edit: we dont have names for either of our chams, anyone have any ideas!? hehe just curious, my GF and I are bad at naming our pets.

Thank you. I like the couple idea, maybe Bonnie and Clyde. :-D cuz we are bad like that.

haha nice..i like that choice..looks rad..and also looks like you will be having a growth spurt soon(get ready to buy lotsa crix! lol)

haha nice..i like that choice..looks rad..and also looks like you will be having a growth spurt soon(get ready to buy lotsa crix! lol)

Oh we have lots of crickets. Its funny though, I know i cant be 100% on this, but i visually see her eat like 3X as many crickets as he does, shes a little hunter.

Pix!

This is my 100th post, so im gonna post some pix :D we decided to name him Clyde and we had the camera ready for the first time we put him in front of the mirror to get him fired up, showed us some great color, enjoy!

SAM_0738-1.jpg

SAM_0740-1.jpg

SAM_0729.jpg

SAM_0724-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom