1000 dubias!!!!

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’m going to become the owner of a beautiful colony of dubias!!! Someone in my area is trying really hard to get rid of half his colony and because I’m not a cry baby about them not coming with bins and he happens to WANT a chameleon in the future the sale is mine.
VICTORY !!!!!!

the less here ppl is don’t be cry babies and realize when your being offered a deal!!

Imelda doesn’t mind them but larry is a word I can’t use and refuse to eat them unless he’s starved. I’m over crickets, the smell is to much now.

I’m going to also try a different roach for him. Maybe gynas will stimulate him more?

Imelda doesn’t mind them but larry is a word I can’t use and refuse to eat them unless he’s starved. I’m over crickets, the smell is to much now.

I’m going to also try a different roach for him. Maybe gynas will stimulate him more?

I tried orange heads and no go. I think the only thing that would work for mine might be red runners but I am too afraid they will get out and infest. For now I am working on getting a grass hopper colony going since they are a lot less noisy and smelly and at the same time not as scary as the roaches. I am not scared of roaches per say just the chance of infestation and then divorce as my wife would toss me out with the roaches. haha

I tried orange heads and no go. I think the only thing that would work for mine might be red runners but I am too afraid they will get out and infest. For now I am working on getting a grass hopper colony going since they are a lot less noisy and smelly and at the same time not as scary as the roaches. I am not scared of roaches per say just the chance of infestation and then divorce as my wife would toss me out with the roaches. haha
I can’t do hoppers Im deadly scared of them. When I would go camping as a kid I always get attacked by the hoppers when I went to the restroom.

I’m a little scared of roaches escaping and invading my home but I try and not think about it. The crickets invade all the time

Do tough love... I sware they will convert to the dubia if that is their only option. Then you can add back in your other feeders. I would like to breed my own cause it gets really expensive but right now between the space we have and needing them to be in the garage I just cant. Maybe in the future.

Do tough love... I sware they will convert to the dubia if that is their only option. Then you can add back in your other feeders. I would like to breed my own cause it gets really expensive but right now between the space we have and needing them to be in the garage I just cant. Maybe in the future.
Yea that’s what I have to do to him every time after day 2 he’s eating like a mad man lol

I had to do this to get my girl to eat any staple foods. She was so stressed when I got her (took her from a glass aquarium at petco) she was only eating dirt. Broke my heart. 1 week with no food offering, now she'll eat banded crickets, silks, BSFL, bsf....-- still won't do roaches. Wish she would -- the crickets do stink and if I ever have an overnight guest the question always comes -- "are there crickets in your house?" Yes -- and we're lucky if they're all in the Bin.

I've been thinking about getting rid of my roach colony. Pesto likes the dubias but the amount of small dubes I'm getting from it just isnt cutting it. The return in investment for it just isnt there for me. I would rather just buy dubias the right size than have to deal with the care of the colony :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about getting rid of my roach colony. Pesto likes the dubias but the amount of small dubes I'm getting from it just isnt cutting it. The return in investment for it just isnt there for me. I would rather just buy dubias the right size than have to deal with the care of the colony :rolleyes:
Girl I would love your colony lol I’m feeding two sub adults and a future 3rd once I get these guys bioactive set up and I build my cage. Sooooo I need bugs lol

I dont even know how I would go about mailing a bin full of bugs?!

When I got my orange heads or grasshoppers they sent them in a deli cup with either egg crate in it or something else for them to hold onto and not get smashed. Then put a little food in there for the journey and some tiny air holes.

I had to do this to get my girl to eat any staple foods. She was so stressed when I got her (took her from a glass aquarium at petco) she was only eating dirt. Broke my heart. 1 week with no food offering, now she'll eat banded crickets, silks, BSFL, bsf....-- still won't do roaches. Wish she would -- the crickets do stink and if I ever have an overnight guest the question always comes -- "are there crickets in your house?" Yes -- and we're lucky if they're all in the Bin.

If you have guests and can’t get the crickets back in the bin I have a trick. I put on an ambient rainforest soundtrack and claim to have really good surround sound.

Best of luck with your new colony Joxie.

I have a huge dubia colony(3000+) and the only ones who would eat them are my tarantulas but they eat way too little to control the population. I have been trying to sell them. Red runner on the other hand, is a huge hit with all of my pets. They can't escape if you know how to prevent it.

I love this mini store bin I just bought for my dubias at Costco for $12 and it’s a 2 pack. Now I have another bin for my a different roach colony. Going to try and make the bins bioactive hopefully I don’t fail
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have a huge dubia colony(3000+) and the only ones who would eat them are my tarantulas but they eat way too little to control the population. I have been trying to sell them. Red runner on the other hand, is a huge hit with all of my pets. They can't escape if you know how to prevent it.
It’s nice having a neighbor that has chickens if I have too many insects I can just toss them the extra food. They will eat everything from roaches to all kinds of worms.

Back
Top Bottom