10 year-old buying chameleon

never getting that cash

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 019 - 310.18 + 179.99 + 25.30 - Google Search - www.google.com.png
    FireShot Capture 019 - 310.18 + 179.99 + 25.30 - Google Search - www.google.com.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 42
why not this?
note: not trying to be offence, just questions a lot
Tweezers are not recommended for feeding as they can injure the chameleon’s tongue.

For supplements you will need a calcium WITHOUT vitamin d3 and a multivitamin with d3. Use the calcium every day except for once every two weeks you will use the multivitamin.

The misting system might work, but there are no guarantees on the quality. MistKing is an established brand which is known to be high quality.

I bought the thermometer and hygrometer you have on your list and they stopped working within a few weeks. You will also want two thermometers, preferably with probes, for the hottest and coolest parts of the terrarium to make sure you have the right range.

The cage is fine. The price difference might just be due to a difference in location.

Tweezers are not recommended for feeding as they can injure the chameleon’s tongue.

For supplements you will need a calcium WITHOUT vitamin d3 and a multivitamin with d3. Use the calcium every day except for once every two weeks you will use the multivitamin.

The misting system might work, but there are no guarantees on the quality. MistKing is an established brand which is known to be high quality.

I bought the thermometer and hygrometer you have on your list and they stopped working within a few weeks. You will also want two thermometers, preferably with probes, for the hottest and coolest parts of the terrarium to make sure you have the right range.

The cage is fine. The price difference might just be due to a difference in location.

never getting that cash
If you can’t afford a MistKing you can always opt to hand-mist. It’s more work, but far cheaper. You’ll just need a plastic spray bottle (dollar stores should have them) and you have to most for a few minutes at least twice a day.

why cant i use my current mister?
I didn’t say that you can’t, but I would recommend against it. There is nothing wrong with it, though the cheap price is uncommon for a quality misting system. If it has a decent return policy (a few months at least), then I would have no issue with getting it, but I wouldn’t want to waste money on something that is likely to break.

my final
i see what you wrote tomorrow, 7 am
goodnight

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 016 - eBay shopping cart - cart.ebay.com.png
    FireShot Capture 016 - eBay shopping cart - cart.ebay.com.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 49
  • FireShot Capture 020 - Amazon.com Shopping Cart - www.amazon.com.png
    FireShot Capture 020 - Amazon.com Shopping Cart - www.amazon.com.png
    358.4 KB · Views: 53
  • FireShot Capture 015 - Captive Bred Veiled Chameleon by FinosRainforestExoticPets - MorphMar_ ...png
    FireShot Capture 015 - Captive Bred Veiled Chameleon by FinosRainforestExoticPets - MorphMar_ ...png
    629.4 KB · Views: 44
my final
i see what you wrote tomorrow, 7 am
goodnight
Looks pretty good. I would not get the fake vines with leaves, as chameleons (especially veiled chameleons) tend to eat plants. If the chameleon tries to eat the leaves, it could become impacted which will result in a costly vet visit and possibly death. Real plants are a much better option. They will boost humidity and are generally better looking. If the greenhouse is too expensive you can probably find some plants on Facebook marketplace.

I would recommend getting a thermometer with a probe. It is easier to take the temperature at the most important spots.

The uvb fixture is too short. It will need to run the length of the terrarium. You will also need a basking light fixture, and an incandescent (not LED) lightbulb to go in it.

Looks pretty good. I would not get the fake vines with leaves, as chameleons (especially veiled chameleons) tend to eat plants. If the chameleon tries to eat the leaves, it could become impacted which will result in a costly vet visit and possibly death. Real plants are a much better option. They will boost humidity and are generally better looking. If the greenhouse is too expensive you can probably find some plants on Facebook marketplace.

I would recommend getting a thermometer with a probe. It is easier to take the temperature at the most important spots.

The uvb fixture is too short. It will need to run the length of the terrarium. You will also need a basking light fixture, and an incandescent (not LED) lightbulb to go in it.
ok

Those are rare. Most veileds are not friendly. I have worked hard to build trust with my veiled chameleons. This is my girl Stella on a good day…she tried to eat my hand more than bite. Usually she just bites and she has drawn blood before.

thats funny ive never had mine launch his toung at me he has always just bitten and hissed

In terms of the vines, in addition to real plants, the cham is gonna need some horizontal branches throughout the cage, especially below the heat lamp to perch. You could search for some thick and sturdy branches from outside and cut them to the length you need. Then soak them in your bathtub to clean them off. You can suspend them in your cage with bendable wire or suction cups. It saves money and is great for the cham. Make sure the branches you get aren’t producing any sap.

Back
Top Bottom