10 year-old buying chameleon

tell me where can i get it for cheap pls
I don't want to waste my mums money
Cheap is not what you want to look for. I understand what your saying but if your looking to save money it may not he a great pet for you right now, like someone else mentioned your looking at a bare minimum of 700 .. I am 2 months in to owning my first chameleon and I've spent well over that... try times 3 😲

Cheap is not what you want to look for. I understand what your saying but if your looking to save money it may not he a great pet for you right now, like someone else mentioned your looking at a bare minimum of 700 .. I am 2 months in to owning my first chameleon and I've spent well over that... try times 3 😲
my mum said no so there the end of that dream
I'm gonna buy it myself then

$700 is literally the absolute minimum. I think to give your Cham a solid start for a full life, you’d need to spend around $900-$1,000. There are no shortcuts with chameleons, they are a very big investment!

Welcome to the forum!
Your dream doesn’t have to end!
Until you are able to afford a chameleon and all the things needed to keep it alive and we’ll, stay on here and read and learn as much as you can about them….and look at chameleon academy and Neptune the chameleon too!

if youre going to get a chameleon, there’s a lot to learn!

Welcome to the forum!
Your dream doesn’t have to end!
Until you are able to afford a chameleon and all the things needed to keep it alive and we’ll, stay on here and read and learn as much as you can about them….and look at chameleon academy and Neptune the chameleon too!

if youre going to get a chameleon, there’s a lot to learn!
Couldn’t agree more! I’m sure your school also has tons of books about chameleons, you should check some out :)

Welcome! I agree with Kinyonga. Take this time to really learn about what kind of husbandry these cute little guys require. Save up to buy a good Chameleon from a reputable breeder and do it right the first time. With good care and good health chameleons can live for a decent amount of time. You won’t regret doing it right the first time. You will have a way better experience too.

Welcome! I agree with Kinyonga. Take this time to really learn about what kind of husbandry these cute little guys require. Save up to buy a good Chameleon from a reputable breeder and do it right the first time. With good care and good health chameleons can live for a decent amount of time. You won’t regret doing it right the first time. You will have a way better experience too.
is morphmarket good?

Hi. :) I think it’s great that you’re interested in getting a chameleon, but I’m curious if you have thoroughly researched all about them and what they need. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/ is the best place for learning all about chameleons and the current care standards. As others have said, they are not even close to being easy to care for and are very expensive, needing anywhere from $500.00 to $1,000.00 in initial set up when done properly. There are very few shortcuts that can be taken. Since you are 10, you most definitely need the full and complete support and assistance from a parent. Then I am wondering if you are aware that keeping a chameleon is similar to keeping fish - they aren’t animals that want or like to be held or played with. There are some reptiles, such as bearded dragons, that can be handled and enjoyed and even though their needs aren’t cheap either, they are a lot less expensive than chameleons.

I saw that you can walk them 2 ways:
1. put on your shoulder
2. use a leash

they are nice and cool with being carried, which is what google said.
perfect.

I saw that you can walk them 2 ways:
1. put on your shoulder
2. use a leash

they are nice and cool with being carried, which is what google said.
perfect.
Do you mean bearded dragons? If so, then yes. You don’t really walk them like you walk a dog though. You put a special leash on them and just go wherever they want. I don’t do that with my beardies often. I do let them run around in a room that is safe from my cats and dog and hold them on my shoulder. My boy sits nicely on my shoulder when we go outside. My girl can be a little bit wild so I’ll put her leash on so she can’t run away if she manages to get loose from me.

Back
Top Bottom