10 year-old buying chameleon

$700 is literally the absolute minimum. I think to give your Cham a solid start for a full life, you’d need to spend around $900-$1,000. There are no shortcuts with chameleons, they are a very big investment!
Got that right I don’t even have a job and have 3 pets one is a male panther chameleon and he is the coolest and most expensive he cost 500$ alone! Not to mention the mist king custom enclosure lights bugs every 2 weeks and plants!

Oh my. Just dropped in to lurk and saw this thread.
Please think of the cost, the time, the equipment, the food, the maintenance, but mostly, this is an animal's life.
Contrary to cartoons and movies, chameleons do not quick change color to match their environment, and they are not necessarily friendly as adults.
They can not be trained and you won't be walking around with it on your shoulder.
I have a male panther who's over a year old and tolerates me, though he has drawn blood on a couple of occasions and I'll tell you from experience that chameleon bites hurt.
Maybe start with something a bit more tolerant and accessible, like a bearded dragon (as someone mentioned before).
Please take a few days and think this through, this community is made up of a number of experts, heed their advice.
Not looking forward to seeing an 'Emergency' post in the near future.
Same holy crap

Got that right I don’t even have a job and have 3 pets one is a male panther chameleon and he is the coolest and most expensive he cost 500$ alone! Not to mention the mist king custom enclosure lights bugs every 2 weeks and plants!
Agreed! Even though you could technically say I got my girl for ’free’ as she was a rescue, I spend over 1000 for her set up, not to mention the vet bills to help her recover and any of the future costs.

Back
Top Bottom