10 year-old buying chameleon

its official
I'm buying this guy
s'more tips ;)

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 015 - Captive Bred Veiled Chameleon by FinosRainforestExoticPets - MorphMar_ ...png
    FireShot Capture 015 - Captive Bred Veiled Chameleon by FinosRainforestExoticPets - MorphMar_ ...png
    629.4 KB · Views: 42
  • FireShot Capture 016 - eBay shopping cart - cart.ebay.com.png
    FireShot Capture 016 - eBay shopping cart - cart.ebay.com.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 43
  • FireShot Capture 017 - Amazon.com Shopping Cart - www.amazon.com.png
    FireShot Capture 017 - Amazon.com Shopping Cart - www.amazon.com.png
    351.2 KB · Views: 41
well, he is a baby, so im going to train him!
Sweetheart, that one idea alone tells me that you are not ready for a chameleon. They can not be trained like dogs. They are how they are. We work on building trust with them to reduce their fear of us and some types of chameleons are nicer than others. Veileds are notorious for not being nice. Panther chameleons can be much nicer.

that how you make them nice to you
You really can’t make a chameleon nice to you or like you, especially veiled. Do more research. The chameleon’s will always be there. Watch Neptune the chameleon on you tube, pause it, replay it take lots of notes, cham owning is complicated at first it took me over 3 months of research before buying. Review chameleon academy as well. Search this site there’s a ton of info you just have to look for it. I don’t recommend rushing it’s better for you and the chameleon.

I don’t think you realize how different reptiles are as pets from animals like cats and dogs. You can’t “train” a chameleon to like you, but most of the time you can build enough trust so that it will allow you to handle it. Sometimes you will get a chameleon who absolutely will not let you hold it, and if you continue to try you will severely stress out the chameleon and it could even die.

Chameleons are very delicate animals when their care is not perfect. We will try to help you with this and you can ask as many questions here as you would like. They’re is a lot of misinformation on google, but some of the members here have provided sources of good information that you should really check out.

Chameleons are expensive animals to keep properly. Make sure your parents also know how to take care of your chameleon, so they can help you financially if you need.

I have attached a list of the BARE MINIMUM supplies you will need:
1FD9F412-E436-4840-824E-916C35E31C47.jpeg

As well as these items, you will need a lot of branches and (safe) plants. You can either buy these branches or disinfect some from outside. Plants you will probably want to buy from a local greenhouse, or you can often get good deals on Facebook marketplace. You need a LOT of plants, as chameleons like to spend their lives up in trees and not on the ground.

You will also probably want to get a misting system. The best system, which I and many of the members here use, is from the company MistKing.
https://www.mistking.com/Starter-Misting-System-v5.0.html
This is the starter system which will work for one chameleon and it is $179.99

jackson, i guess

If you get a Jackson’s chameleon, they will need an overnight temperature drop down to the low 60s or even into the 50s. If your house is warmer than that, you will want to consider a different species.

why not this?
note: not trying to be offence, just questions a lot

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 017 - Amazon.com Shopping Cart - www.amazon.com.png
    FireShot Capture 017 - Amazon.com Shopping Cart - www.amazon.com.png
    351.2 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom