1.2 Veileds for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenya

Avid Member
Hi guys,

As some of you know, I have been "babysitting" two veileds for the last three months. It was only supposed to be a month and their owner has not been in contact with me since dropping them off with and neither he nor his girlfriend have responded to my messages.

I do not have the room for these guys and I would like them to go to a good home. I have been treating them with Reptaid but have not done a fecal recently.

The male is about 1.5 years old, large, somewhat feisty, and is a recovered MBD case. He had MBD as a juvenile and was recovered before I got him. He eats fine, is in good health and is $120 shipped.

Without flash:
mveiled.jpg

With flash:
mveiled2.jpg

With flash:
mveiled3.jpg

Here he is settled down to roost about five minutes ago:

DSCN0140.jpg

The female is also about 1.5 and has had a few clutches. She is average looking and is a feisty, feisty lizard. She has been having recurring mouth rot problems that are mostly taken care of now and I will not send her out until she is totally cleared up. She also has a bizarre mystery bump on her face (the top of her rostral process on one side) that is most likely related to her mouth problems. If it does not clear up along with the mouth rot, I will not adopt her out unless I have a contract that the new owner will take her to the vet immediately. She is free but with half of the shipping cost if you can prove that you will be a great home.

I just went and tried to take photos of her- she was actually quite beautiful while sleeping, but she woke up before I could get a good photo and she was not happy. She draws her eyes in a LOT when she is feeling threatened, but she is well hydrated. You can see the swelling where her mouth rot is. Here are her angry colors:
DSCN0136.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

I will try to get some better ones tomorrow.

I am also considering the sale of my female veiled, Calypso. She is in good health and has laid clutches in the past. She is average looking, but has some nice teal greens and has a great temperament. Here is a night time photo I just took of her. She is more green when awake, though the flash also washed her out a bit.

DSCN0141.jpg

Please PM me if you are interested and I can work out a deal for two or all three. I really just want them to go to good homes.

Last edited:
Hello,

What are you asking for your females? I've been looking for fully mature girls! Let me know!

Thanks
kayla

Kayla, I sent you a PM.

Everyone else that may be interested in the girls, one is free (with half the cost of shipping or completely free if you buy one of the other chams) if you can provide vet care and a great home, and Calypso is $55 plus shipping. I am going to be picky about the homes these girls go to.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have.

They are all still for sale. If anyone is interested at all, shoot me a PM and we can work something out. I would like them to go to a good home. They are available for local pick up as well.

Your selling someone else's chams and asking for money? Is the money for the owners or you? They sound like they have a lot of health issues. Why not just drop them off at the owners?

Your selling someone else's chams and asking for money? Is the money for the owners or you? They sound like they have a lot of health issues. Why not just drop them off at the owners?

Okay, you want the long story since it is suddenly your moral obligation to know?

One female was a rescue I did last fall. She came with mild MBD, malnutrition and had eye issues due to malnutrition. She was also very dehydrated. She is back on track now, though it took me a couple of months to get her calcium levels back up and to clear her of the pinworms and low count coccidia that she had.

The other two came to me with high coccidia, malnutrition, serious dehydration and the female had/has mouthrot. The male had MBD when he was a baby and that was resolved when I got him. They had been used as breeding machines and the female was not in good shape at all and had just laid four clutches back to back. I have treated both of them and they are doing well, but the female is still battling the mouthrot.

Those two were dropped off to be looked after for a month while their owner was in Puerto Rico. He had tried to sell them unsuccessfully before he went and tried to sell them to me. I offered to chamsit while he was gone and he said he would take them when he returned around New Years. I was given his girlfriend's number to call if anything came up. When the female was discovered to have mouthrot, I called and left three messages over the course of a week seeking vet treatment or instructions. I never got a response. After a month was up, I called both of their numbers, wanting to know when the owner would be back in the states and willing to pick up his chams. No response. I waited a few weeks and tried calling again. No response from either person. I have been trying for three months to get a hold of these people. They have not responded to phone calls or emails and I don't know where they are.

I am now working two jobs and 14 hour days. I don't have the resources to care for these chams anymore, and other than the mouthrot on the one female, they are absolutely fine to go to a new home. I have spent a lot of time and money treating them and getting them into good shape.

Of course, unless you were interested in buying, which you clearly aren't (and couldn't be, being in Hawaii), I don't see how this is your business.

By the way, congrats Michelle on your new pets. I know that they will be well cared for :)

as far as i am concerned she has every right to sell these animals. it appears the owner abandoned them, and she has flipped the bill.

she never/ intended for long term care of the two pet sitting animals. id do the same thing in her shoes, if someone just dumped animals on me in this manner.

Good luck in finding homes for the little ones. You have done a good deed to bring them back to health. I hope the mouth rot gets better soon. It can take a long time.

Good luck in finding homes for the little ones. You have done a good deed to bring them back to health. I hope the mouth rot gets better soon. It can take a long time.

Thanks, Jan. She is actually doing much better and it seems nearly cleared up. She has been eating fine through the whole thing and it has stayed a very mild case. I have been treating it with Reptaid and it has taken longer than I have wished, but it is working. (thanks Sandy and Elliot! (Elliott?))

do you keep them all in one cage because i have been wondering about keeping pairs in the same cage. Do the females ever fight with each other or the male. Mine hisses and lunges at the sight of my hand.

Last edited:
Also I think my veiled has mouth rot to. You used reptaid to help do you mean the kind you can get from pet's mart or something.

do you keep them all in one cage because i have been wondering about keeping pairs in the same cage. Do the females ever fight with each other or the male. Mine hisses and lunges at the sight of my hand.

No, they are all kept separate as most chams should be. Veileds are a very aggressive species and old world chameleons are solitary. You should separate your chams into individual cages immediately.

Also I think my veiled has mouth rot to. You used reptaid to help do you mean the kind you can get from pet's mart or something.

Reptaid can be ordered only through the chameleonsnorthwest.com website. Since you are inexperienced dealing with it, I suggest a vet visit as soon as possible. The vet will culture the mouth rot and prescribe an antibiotic to combat the specific strain of bacteria that is causing the problem. Don't wait; it could be deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom