zophoba colony?

mightyzug

hey all, i am about to start all my feeder colonies, excluding crickets coz im lazy and dubias coz the gf won't tolerate them- so i have mealworms and waxworms, and now am about to start up superworms also.

i did the homework on raising them but i just wanted to hear back from any experienced people. i only have 1 cham to feed 'for now' and i know i am going to end up having more than i need probably no matter what. but how many worms should i pupate for the absolutely smallest possible breeder colony? and how long should i expect to go from pupation to mayb 1-1.5'' feedable worms? what ridiculous amount of worms can i expect to get back from the smallest colony i can build? simple little stuff like that i havent been able to find on any of the howto pages i have bookmarked yet.

I'd honestly pupate at least 20 worms. Supers are very hit and miss with once the beetles are out and about. Usually the biggest mistake is that they are too dry and not warm enough.

I've been having fun with my colony. And now I have all kinds of cute tiny worms that my growing chams love. My guys go wild for them.
But I can't get my wax worms going.

well i filled 3 rows in my thing, giving me 18 supers pupating. hopefully that will be enough for the colony because that's basically all i got from the 50 count package. i fed my cham 2 of them to make sure he liked, and i have a few tiny ones in the keeper but yea... not even close to 50 feedable worms so i will probably end up buying more for the keeper colony before i get baby worms / after i use up my prepaid crickets anyway... also my breeding box for the beetles is on the smaller side and i don't wanna cram too many in there.

this is a first for me with all the worms but i really hope they work, even though i hardly use waxworms, i just don't wanna always have to run to the pet shop for feeders

Back
Top Bottom