Zoo med's repti calcium w/d3 how much?

ok, i've seen different posts regarding over supplementing, i have a 3 1/2 month panther that i was giving this[very lightly dusted crickets] twice a week, then went to once a week. Now i see a post that says, use regular calcium daily[wich i think is too much] and d3 calc. twice a month. where's the "happy medium.? thanks!

ok, i've seen different posts regarding over supplementing, i have a 3 1/2 month panther that i was giving this[very lightly dusted crickets] twice a week, then went to once a week. Now i see a post that says, use regular calcium daily[wich i think is too much] and d3 calc. twice a month. where's the "happy medium.? thanks!

It depends on many factors. Plain calcium at every feeding and calcium with d3 and calcium with multivits twice a month is just a general guide. Other factors as I understand it are, what you feed? If you use silkworms they are high in calcium so don't need dusting, same with Phoenix worms. Where do you live? Can you take your Cham out into natural sunlight to get d3? What do you gutload your feeders with? The list goes on. I do think dusting for a 3 1/2 month Cham once a week is not enough but I'm not an expert. Hopefully someone with more experience will come in. I would advise you to have a look at Sandrachameleons blogs. She has done extensive research on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom