Your suggestion on 1 egg sweating

canzoman

Hi All,

I have 1 panther egg sweating of our 15. It has only been 6 months but it has been sweating since Saturday AM. At what point would you try to cut it? Or would you wait since it only being 6 months?

I wouldnt cut it open until there is no other option. 6 months is on the early side but I just had an egg hatch at 6.5 months, a bit premature judging by how long it took to absorb the yolk sack but healthy none the less.

Has the egg started to window at all?
Do you see any stress lines?
What temp are you incubating at?
Have you candled that one within the last few weeks or so?

Id just be patient and keep an eye.

Hi Anthony! How exciting! I don't know anything about when to cut the egg open but wanted to say hi and wish you luck! I know that Eric hatches all his out in practically 6 months to the day when he incubates 69 first 2 months 71 or 72 next 2 and 74 last 2, but then I read that it takes people a lot longer, :confused: I am wAiting for all mine:) the female I got from you just laid another clutch of 29! I hope you have happy healthy babies:)

Hi Anthony! How exciting! I don't know anything about when to cut the egg open but wanted to say hi and wish you luck! I know that Eric hatches all his out in practically 6 months to the day when he incubates 69 first 2 months 71 or 72 next 2 and 74 last 2, but then I read that it takes people a lot longer, :confused: I am wAiting for all mine:) the female I got from you just laid another clutch of 29! I hope you have happy healthy babies:)
Awesome thanks!

Yeah I may wait also.

I keep them at 73 throghhout.

I have had fertile viable eggs start sweating and take up to two weeks to hatch. I have some hatching now that started pipping before the long 4th of july weekend. Several pipped last week and didnt hatch for 4-5 days after pipping. Never cut an egg open until you know its a last resort to save the baby.

I have had fertile viable eggs start sweating and take up to two weeks to hatch. I have some hatching now that started pipping before the long 4th of july weekend. Several pipped last week and didnt hatch for 4-5 days after pipping. Never cut an egg open until you know its a last resort to save the baby.

How do you know when its the last resort to saving the baby? When you see the not moving? How do you tell?

If an egg has already pipped but the baby hasnt emerged after a week I'd start thinking about cutting him/her out. It can take them 2-4 days to absorb the last of the egg sac and you want them to get that last bit of highly nutritrious substance before emerging into the world. So I'd say a week is a fair estimate. If the egg hasnt pipped I personally wont cut them out. To me thats a sign that something was wrong genetically from the outset. Im not going to raise and sell inferior young. If they arent strong enuff to hatch on their own then they arent strong/healthy enuff to grow into adulthood. To me these babies wouldnt have hatched and wouldnt have had the strength to dig their way to the surface, if they were in the wild. Lets face it our cb young already have a leg up on their wild siblings. They dont have to hatch then dig their way thru a foot or more of soil. So if they cant hatch on their own these are genetically challenged in my estimation...

If an egg has already pipped but the baby hasnt emerged after a week I'd start thinking about cutting him/her out. It can take them 2-4 days to absorb the last of the egg sac and you want them to get that last bit of highly nutritrious substance before emerging into the world. So I'd say a week is a fair estimate. If the egg hasnt pipped I personally wont cut them out. To me thats a sign that something was wrong genetically from the outset. Im not going to raise and sell inferior young. If they arent strong enuff to hatch on their own then they arent strong/healthy enuff to grow into adulthood. To me these babies wouldnt have hatched and wouldnt have had the strength to dig their way to the surface, if they were in the wild. Lets face it our cb young already have a leg up on their wild siblings. They dont have to hatch then dig their way thru a foot or more of soil. So if they cant hatch on their own these are genetically challenged in my estimation...

Good info thanks for the advice. It did not yet begin to pipe. It is also still sweating. I will wait to see a pipe.

humidity

If your eggs are too moist the shells are darker not as white and you can almost see into them. They also swell up larger than normal because of the extra water. When the eggs are sweating (to hatch) they become smaller.

Well they seemed to have shrunk a little or dent and a few seem to be sweating vert mildly i really have to look to see it. Maybe an early hatch? It is possible at 6 months. Thanks for the info. I am excited to see what happens

Hi I have panther egg that looked like it was leaking from a tiny hole on the top its still plump and windowing and sweating im afraid that it will shrink and he will die should I cut it open?

Back
Top Bottom