Your Retirement Dreams

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
A long way off, but BOY do I have big plans!

I want to have a hobby farm and raise about 1/2 dozen sheep - maybe Babydoll Southdowns or Swiss Valois (if they ever lift the import ban). That's been my dream since childhood - I was a weird kid....

Southdowns (so smiley, so cute!)
https://www.google.com/search?q=bab...jeoATpmIDwBA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=775

Swiss Valois (living plushies!)
https://www.google.com/search?q=swi...PqoATQ9IHQBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=775

What is your retirement dream?

I'd love to get 5 or 10 acres and build a small house on it. I'd make big gardens, a chicken coop with chickens, and have lots of room for splitting and stacking firewood. Maybe some day. :)

it was to sell out our farm, and cabin, save our money and move to Fla for the winters, and keep our other place for summer in Ohio - then I got chams- so now the "little place in Fla " that I told Dave I wanted to be able to mow with scissors - needs to have a HUGE screened in back yard :p and the chams have to have a place in the summer house...and we need to get a van to drive them down and back........... he said " YOU drive them, I'm flying " - well ! he's no fun :p I dont want to live in a city, but I do not want to be as far out as we are here :)

My husband and I moved to South Florida to retire and that was 11 years ago and we are both still working. :eek:

dream

I want to live near/in Destin, FL, and have a nice shed with heat and air to keep my chams. It's got to be near the beach!!!!

At the rate I'm going, I should be able to retire about 8 - 10 years after I'm dead!

~B.
Start saving for cham heaven now - it's definitely not cheap :)

At my farm, I would also really like to have either an iguana or a tortoise. An a wallaby. It's going to be a freaking zoo :)

Also, ducks! Duck eggs are mucho delicioso and ducks are super friendly.

I tell my husband these things and he says "How about we whittle down, Cam" (Modern Family joke - it's funny because I'm actually a Mitchell).

Back
Top Bottom