Votes: 98 10.6%
  • Pygmy Chameleon

Votes: 49 5.3%
  • Other Species

Votes: 136 14.8%
  • No Future Plans

Votes: 40 4.3%

• Total voters
I reeeeaaaaally want bearded pygmies!! The whole Tanzania thing is driving me crazy, :mad: because I can't find them ANYWHERE! If anyone knows anyone who is selling them, please let me know. :D

I said Panther because my boyfriend promised me a Nosy Faly, but I think a veiled will probably be a closer bet, since I really really really really really REALLY miss my Kukui (a male veiled), who died last week. And then, once I get more experience, a quad. I've owned Jackson's before and I LOVE them, but a quad would be the icing on my cake. My only issue is that I owned jackson's in Hawaii, so keeping my cage outside was just the natural environment for them. I now live in California and it's way drier and way hotter, so I need to brush up on husbandry for those guys first, and get a bigger place so I can house them all.

I said Panther because my boyfriend promised me a Nosy Faly, but I think a veiled will probably be a closer bet, since I really really really really really REALLY miss my Kukui (a male veiled), who died last week. And then, once I get more experience, a quad. I've owned Jackson's before and I LOVE them, but a quad would be the icing on my cake. My only issue is that I owned jackson's in Hawaii, so keeping my cage outside was just the natural environment for them. I now live in California and it's way drier and way hotter, so I need to brush up on husbandry for those guys first, and get a bigger place so I can house them all.

You can always get a misting system if you will house them outside! :D

Im breeding K. multituberculata. My currebt babies are going up on kingsnake.com. From there who knows where they wind up. I'd sure like to place them with some forum members.

Shooooooot. If I can have/make the space I'd love to get a Sambava from you! And I forgot to mention, I'm in the process of adopting a year old-ish blue bar female Ambilobe. She'll be mine on the 30th! :)

Haha awesome! We can do a baby trade lol! It's funny how one chameleon is never enough lol! :D

You can always get a misting system if you will house them outside! :D

We have a real "ghetto" misting system. He put a timer on the hose and attatched the hose to a sprinkler and then hung that over where Kukui's cage was. It works out pretty well, actually. The timer is a minute timer, so it's very customizable.

It really excites me to see the amount of people that have selected other species! Not that I have anything against the others, in fact i keep most of them.. But I think people are starting to see the "others" can be just as interesting or beautiful without the flashy colors.

Everyone should take a step in the other direction at some point while keeping these guys!

As for my next chams...

Well there are so many options! More b. thamnobates for sure.. Hopefully the others who received bradypodion in the last import are successful so I can scoop them up too! ;)

Quite a few options in this next import too.... hmmm... I guess we'll see!!!! ;)

Last edited:
First and foremost I want one or two female Parsonii for my lone male Rhino.

However there are many other species I want to work with though (other than the main species).

It really excites me to see the amount of people that have selected other species! Not that I have anything against the others, in fact i keep most of them.. But I think people are starting to see the "others" can be just as interesting or beautiful without the flashy colors.

Everyone should take a step in the other direction at some point while keeping these guys!

As for my next chams...

Well there are so many options! More b. thamnobates for sure.. Hopefully the others who received bradypodion in the last import are successful so I can scoop them up too! ;)

Quite a few options in this next import too.... hmmm... I guess we'll see!!!! ;)

I agree with everything said above.. For some time i have had a few other less common Chameleon species on my bucket list. Well it looks like some may become a reality very soon.

I'm taking a step back from the "mainstream" F.pardalis to start keeping a few Bradypodion and Brookesia!

The main thing for me is the fact that they are smaller and can be kept in natural fully planted enclosures.

One of my all time favorites is the Mellers. Big, bold and beautiful and i wish i could find some captive bred youngsters. I have 4 WC coming in this week and have set up a room for them. I am torn as to getting WC chameleons but have never found any young available. My vet will probably be able to finance his vacation home now. ;0 Ruth

Back
Top Bottom