Your First Cham and Why You Chose it?

theresaintucson

My first cham was/is an ambanja female. I chose her because I like panthers and liked her color. I'm thinking of keeping other types now...

I've always thought they were really cool, I bought him on somewhat of an impulse, but trust me, I understand that they need alot of care, I dont even know how much money ive spent perfecting his cage and making it a really good home. Rango is a graceful, the petstore told me he was a veiled, they obviously had no idea.

But they are really awesome creatures

My first chameleon was a Jackson's male. I picked them simply because I didn't have the money for a panther (I didn't know I could find them for $150 like I do now) and I don't like the look of male veileds at all. So I went with a Jackon's because they were really cool looking and cheaper and he was great, super sweet and docile.

My first cham was a male veiled about 15 years ago. I chose him because I always wanted a chameleon. I had a caimen alligator that I traded for him. He lived for about 8 yrs.

Got my first two chameleons a couple days ago. :)
Got an 8 month old ambilobe. He was not what I thought I was looking for, but when I saw him I couldn't stop thinking about him so now he lives in my living room. And sometimes in the oven, when I need to warm him up. (just kidding) LMAO

And my second one... came in the same package and is an ambanja male. He is only 3 months old and is currently sleeping on a leaf. (verry cute) Got him to see if panthers really do look like their daddy's do when they grow up. His dad is SICK looking. :)

My first is a veiled. I have always wanted one and I just love the look of the veiled...very dinosaur-like. I had also heard they are a bit more forgiving when it comes to raising.
Love Verde and always on the lookout for ways to spoil him like I do the 3 furry members of my family.

My first chameleon that i had/have is a yellow crested jacksonii named raizo and i chose him because hes the only one of his bros that bit me as soon as i pulled him from the bucket :cool:

Female jackson

Reminded me of sarah from land before time, dinosaurs, the tongue, colorchange and the leaf walk

My first chameleon was a veiled chameleon he was about 4 weeks when i got him about 7 years ago I fell in love with him because he was so cool looking. That was the beginning of my addiction. Hahaha.

Female jackson

Reminded me of sarah from land before time

I agree with this resemblance!

My first was also a female jackson.
I had wanted a reptilian pet for a while, and walked into a store just to see what they had. I saw Stella and had to have her right then and there. ;/
Didnt know anything about them, or that they could even be kept as pets.
Not the best decision in retro-spect, but I am happy that I got her, and wouldnt trade her for the world.

I agree with this resemblance!

My first was also a female jackson.
I had wanted a reptilian pet for a while, and walked into a store just to see what they had. I saw Stella and had to have her right then and there. ;/
Didnt know anything about them, or that they could even be kept as pets.
Not the best decision in retro-spect, but I am happy that I got her, and wouldnt trade her for the world.

Ditto that!! Only a male:p And it was all uphill from there!

My first was a male flapneck about two years ago. I had wanted a chameleon for a while, but wanted to make sure I could properly care for one. When I found him on Craigslist for $20, I couldn't pass him up.

Its all about the eyes! the Googly eyes!

My first was veiled male. followed by a male hoehnelli 9 months later.
followed by a female veiled.. followed by a male nosey faly.. followed by a soon female hoehnelli, female jax, and a female faly.

:D

I always like them for the unique features ..So i rescued a Senegal then i wanted some colors, and now I'm up to 4 panthers and 1 Senegal

My first was a male veiled when i was 19. Before i knew it i soon had 3 males and 1 female. i only had them all for about a year before selling them cuz i moved. Im now 30 and my addiction was re-sparked when my daughter got a couple crested geckos. And i decided to get all 4 of mine at the same time, lol. I now have 2 male ambilobes, and 1.1 veiled. I plan to breed but not until i read, read and read more until i feel im compentent enough to successfully do it

I've always been fascinated by chams. I saw my first live one when working for a vet who did exotics. When I stumbled on a reptile/amphib store (NEHerpetoculture) with two: a 3 mo female veiled and a subadult Ouasalet, we talked about terrariums, (no, they wouldn't do for a cham); and chams, (no, those plants really need a glass enclosure and the cham wouldn't like them). We talked food; I hated the idea of crickets in the house, and the idea of FEEDING the crickets and HOUSING the crickets...

So I started saving for the terrarium of my dreams (no, I don't want a vivarium because I don't want the frog/gecko/livestock/crickets) and continued to visit and buy plants, and be adored by Ella the boxer. And watch the chameleon. And watch the cham. And watch.

One visit he put her on my hand and he held a cricket, and she zeroed in and nailed it. I fell deeply in love that instant and bought her. Took her home three weeks later. The crickets didn't matter, the fussiness of the habitat didn't matter, the fact that my Spouse was unaware of my sudden change of heart...the going line in this house is ALINAD: at least its not a dog.

Sorry for rattling on, but Shayna was my first cham love.
Tyg

Always wanted one since I was a small kid. We have a small house and tight budget with me in school full time to get my teaching credentials, so when I stumbled upon pygmies I was sold. Bought a trio and vivarium. Then another 2 then a jax because he was too damn cute

I got my cham one week ago from a local breeder from this site! I always wanted something exotic and different. My fiance wouldnt let me have a snake which is what I always wanted (we had a baby not too long ago). I was watching a special on animal planet and seen this colorful lizard snach a bug off a leaf and I fell in love! I didnt think these beautiful reptiles were in captivity until i found out what it was and found this site! After months of research and buying all his stuff, I was able to purchase a male ambilobe panther chameleon. I chose him from a group of his brothers. There were so many to choose from. He was one of the largest in his clutch. Hope he will have his dads (spock from reptoman) colors!!!!

Back
Top Bottom